Bridgette Lee

Bridgette Lee Plus

I've had a Glidecam on my list of -wants- for a while now. I'm finally looking to buy one.

I have a Canon 5d Mark II with a 24-105mm lens. I need whichever one is good for all types of freehand shots.

Only problem is I'm not sure which to invest in? Any suggestions?

Bridgette Lee

Bridgette Lee Plus

Do you know the differences between the Glidecam HD and XR series?

And does buying the 4000 over 2000 make a big impact on DLSRs?

Thanks! I apologize for the questions, but I want to make sure I spend my money wisely!

matt wolfe [cc]

matt wolfe [cc] Plus

Between the 4000 and 2000, no, not really a difference for DSLRs. Maybe if you are attaching some extra stuff to it.

As for the HD and XR... I'm not sure what the XR was/is. I only looked at HD series.

Ridge Runner Media

Ridge Runner Media PRO

I own the HD-4000, and have used it with my 5D as well as Canon XF-100 & XF-300 (when attached to my X-10 rig). I LOVE the HD-4000. You can't go wrong with it. It balances very easily and allows you to attach a variety of items to the camera/sled if needed. You can use a bigger lens, external mic, external video monitor, etc. without worrying about going over the weight rating for the HD-2000.

Proj8ct

Proj8ct Plus

I have the HD-4000 and HD-2000. I also got the Steadicam Merlin Vest. There is a quick hack to modify the Vest with any of the Glidecam units. I use the HD-2000 for run+gun field work and the Vest-HD-4000 for wedding and indoor work. Once you practice these things are amazing. I use them for still video shots also. I place the bottom legs toward my hip for steady still (tripod shots) because you wont be flying all the time and switching cameras takes time.

Quick note. If you have a Canon 5DmkII camera with Mic/light/L series lens, the HD-2000 will be heavy for hand-held for more than 5min of shooting. That is why I just use it outdoors with no extra mic and light attached.

GSARider

GSARider

I've been looking at the Skyler minicam which looks good - will be a future purchase as funds allow.

Promo Film

Promo Film Plus

About HD-2000 "I am tall at 6′-3″ when I try to go low to get at eye level with my girls the handle hits the bottom plate the camera sits on which ruins my low shots." (learningdslrvideo.com) - Im even higher than Dave, tried the HD-2000 and what he said it's true. I'm going to change mine with an HD-4000.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.