Grand Rapids First

Grand Rapids First PRO

I get this error ALL the time with ALL vimeo videos, probably 505% of the time I try to watch an embedded vimeo video, I get this error. Sometimes if I refresh the page a couple times it will work, but its pretty rediculous, its been going on for while, please fix asap! We are paying to use this service, thanks

Mark

Mark Staff

Can you try clearing your browser cache and cookies?

Grand Rapids First

Grand Rapids First PRO

Well EVERYONE I show our website to has this issue, I can't have everyone doing that...

Mark

Mark Staff

How many people are experiencing this issue? Are they on the same network as you?

Options Buzz

Options Buzz

Cleared cookies, too, FYI. My customers are waiting to see the video. Thanks.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi Greg, you have chosen to not display that video on Vimeo, so it is acting appropriately by not displaying on that URL. Is it not playing on optionsbuzz.com either? If not, can you link me?

Options Buzz

Options Buzz

I changed the settings so you can see it. No, not playing on my site; nor am I able to get it to play for me in my Vimeo account.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Can you link me to where it is embedded on your website so that I can take a look?

Options Buzz

Options Buzz

What does that matter when it doesn't play in my Vimeo account?

Options Buzz

Options Buzz

No, I can't link you to my website without adding you as a member, which means getting your email address and having you create a profile. The video doesn't work in my own Vimeo account, so let's start there please. Thank you.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Greg, the video isn't playing/didn't convert correctly because the source file has a variable frame rate. Make sure you export your video at a constant frame rate, matching our Compression Guidelines:

Vimeo FAQ: vimeo.com/help/compression

Options Buzz

Options Buzz

OK, thanks. But I've uploaded many videos before with the same specs without a problem. Thanks for looking into it.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.