Julien

Julien Plus

Hello,

I don't know whether this should be added to the help or feature request section but here it is: It is great to have the ability to upload videos from the dropbox account, however if someone wants to replace an existing video with a new file, one can't do this using its dropbox account, the only option being a straight upload from the computer. Why? Is there any way to bypass this and use dropbox for both new videos and replacing existing ones?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Julien

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Hello Julien. This was actually something we considered for initial launch of our dropbox support. We couldn't get everything worked out but we agree it'll be a nice addition to the next iteration of our dropbox support.

Julien

Julien Plus

I hope you're well. We exchanged few months ago about the ability to use dropbox to replace an existing video instead of defaulting to the uploader. I was wondering if you had any update on this feature by any chance?

Also, I have noticed that when one choose to hide a video from vimeo.com, not only it doesn't appear in the vimeo database but the video's http address is blocked. I was wondering if there is a midway a la youtube whereby you could hide the video from the database and search with the http address still being available? the reason why I am asking this is because when using an android based system and let's say facebook for example it seems that you can't properly embed the video (because of flash issue) and if you hide the video on vimeo.com you can't access it either.

There are lots of reasons why one would use vimeo rather than fb for videos hosting and clearly a tool like the one mentioned above would be a plus and prevent a vimeo user default on youtube for sharing.

Link: vimeo.com/64502204

Julien

Julien Plus

Thanks for your time and regards,

Julien

Skylab-prod.fr

Skylab-prod.fr

I can't upload a 1g in chrome or firefox it crashs each time, Dropbox would be the solution to replace a video...

Warren Prior

Warren Prior

I'm in need of this feature too. Do we perhaps know when it may be released?

Thanks

Roy Koshy

Roy Koshy

vimeo.com/59779527- this is a video replacement, it failed to do conversion. could you please re-encode, otherwise my whole day efforts to upload will become a waste again. Thanks

brainfever

brainfever

+365 for roughly each day this topic is on...
yes, please, that will really be helpful, especially for basic account users...

LitoFrame

LitoFrame Plus

that would be a very useful and essential feature! thanks!

Nathan Lucy

Nathan Lucy Plus

Julien, is there a link to the forum post for this topic?

Nathan Lucy

Nathan Lucy Plus

+1 because it would help my workflow if I could replace a video using Dropbox the same way I can upload a video using Dropbox.

BrainPeel

BrainPeel PRO

I always upload a compressed version first so I can get my videos public quickly whereas uploading the original ProRes source will take an entire day on my slow Internet connection. By not being able to replace a video from DropBox the whole feature remains pretty much useless to me :(

Adding my +1

Lydia Chen

Lydia Chen Plus

+1. It took me 24 hours to replace a 10-minute video through a Safari or Firefox browser from China. Dropbox is so much faster. Please add the Dropbox option for replacing video files.

ccm-Campus®

ccm-Campus® Plus

+1
We also need this feature so much. Come on - this feature request is more than 3 years old!

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.