North

North

We have videos we'd like our viewers to download. We have Vimeo Plus, and these videos are set to "I want to post this video on the web but don't want it to be available on Vimeo.com."

I understand that you can't have non-Vimeo members clicking the download link for fear of spamming your servers, but I have no idea how I can let people download these videos while they can't access the actual page on Vimeo.com to click the download button. Is there a way to make the videos not appear in channels but let members still click on the page itself? Or a way to put a Download button on our own page?

So what I wish is quite simple: I'd like the videos to not appear in a public Vimeo listing (as per our current privacy settings), but I'd like to give viewers the opportunity to download the video.

(To pre-empt a suggestion to upgrade to Vimeo Pro, I'm afraid we don't have the budget for such a thing.)

Mark

Mark Staff

No, sorry, that's not possible - the download button is only available on clip pages.

North

North

So long story short, if you select the privacy option to not want your video publicly listed, there is no way to let people download your video? That's quite the limitation.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.