Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

It's working fine for me. Have you tried in a different browser?

Mrs. Sayre

Mrs. Sayre

I'm having the same trouble and have tried it on different computers and different browsers. The video has worked fine for months.. and now it doesn't. I don't even know where to look to fix it.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Your video is playing fine for me. Try updating your Flash player. That should help.

Mrs. Sayre

Mrs. Sayre

I use Chrome, which automatically updates Flash. It still isn't working on multiple computers here. In fact... NONE of my videos are working. They all have the same error message.

Matt Albiniak

Matt Albiniak

Sorry to jump in, but I'm having the same issue (on different videos (vimeo.com/27781182) as well as the one Mrs. Sayre linked to). However, I get a mix of "There was an error encountered while loading this video" and "Oops! Something broke! Please try again later!"

I'm on Chrome 22.0.1229.94, OSX 10.7.5. Same behavior on Firefox and Safari though, too. With Chrome, all browsing data has been cleared from the beginning of time. I also have the same issue on my work laptop as well as my home machine (OSX 10.8.2).

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Sorry about that, Matt. Can you try re-installing your Flash player?

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Weird. Sorry about that. The video that you linked me to is still playing fine for me. Have you tried in Safari?

Matt Albiniak

Matt Albiniak

Very weird. Here's what I get in Safari: cl.ly/image/3p2B3c2E2b2E (spoiler, it's the same thing).

Our IT team has a working theory that Vimeo throttles the number of connections per ip. That may have some merit -- as soon as I switch over to a Verizon 4G hotspot, the video I linked to plays fine in Chrome, Safari, and Firefox. Also, some people who were able to view videos this morning were just asked to playback the same videos. They're all getting the same error message.

However, that doesn't explain why I would have the same issue at home. I'm forever alone, so it's just me, my wifi, and one laptop.

You should of saved that "Weird" for now, eh?

Matt Albiniak

Matt Albiniak

...and just in the spirit of fun, I checked out your profile and tried watching some of your videos. They played back just fine. I headed back over to the video I linked. Guess what? It played fine (proof: cl.ly/image/461G0F0t1B1g).

IT just told me that we've got a traffic manager that round robins IPs to balance traffic across our public/outside connections. A betting man would wager that playback will stop working in a few minutes.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Ha. How about a "Strange"? Does this happen both when you are logged in and logged out?

Matt Albiniak

Matt Albiniak

I wasn't logged in with Firefox or Safari when I was having the issue, so it seems independent of that.

In the good news department, videos are still playing fine for me (and a few others that I've checked with around the office).
In the bad(?) news department, this has been a reoccurring issue over the past 3 weeks -- at least.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Okay, thanks for clarifying, Matt. I'll continue to look into this.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.