Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

We're working on an issue where videos are getting stuck on the "Conversion is about to begin" or "Waiting in line" stages. We apologize for any inconvenience. While a long-term solution is being worked on, Staff members are able to restore most clips stuck at these two specific stages.

If you have a video stuck at one of these stages ("Conversion is about to begin" or "Waiting in line"), please post in the forum topic here (vimeo.com/forums/help/topic:93516) with a link to your video and a Staff member will get back to you as soon as possible. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience, and appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Link: vimeo.com/forums/help/topic:93516

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

UPDATED: Conversions were backed up for a couple hours yesterday evening, but we've since caught up.

If your video is still stuck in the state mentioned above, please post your link and we'll help you out.

Rebecca Tharp

Rebecca Tharp Staff

Sorry for the trouble, Lisa, but this upload has failed and you'll have to re-upload. You should try uploading in a different browser and trying switching between the Basic and Advanced uploader on vimeo.com/upload.

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Looks like this one is stuck at 100%, which is a slightly different issue. Passing it along to our developers right now and we'll have it up ASAP.

Alex Dao

Alex Dao Staff

Can you post a link to the video you're waiting on?

TomStro

TomStro Plus

Hey Alex, it's all set. It finally resolved itself much later that night. Thanks for double-checking!

Ric Heins Productions

Ric Heins Productions PRO

Should I move to YouTube with this? Is this going to be awhile? I'm sorry for the pressure. In this business you're only as good as the last edit, and I don't want to lose a client over this delay. We put it in DropBox, but the client still wants it online.
vimeo.com/52721339

indu

indu PRO

On deadline. Please resolve soon. Have to have up by tonight.

MrDheo

MrDheo

vimeo.com/52711892

3 hours waiting...this was actually a very urgent upload because I've someone in a different country that has to see it .

It's hard when you give up other website similar to vimeo to be here, dealing with these problems and still have to read that my problem is now behind all the pro users.

Hope you to solve this fast...

Link: vimeo.com/52711892

GLZ

GLZ

Hi, I'd like my video to be pushed, I've been waiting for too much now... It's a private video, I don't know if it changes anything.
Don't want to publish the url... unless it's necessary for you to push it... Thanks!

Chip Acker

Chip Acker Plus

Seems the "plus" account is a "minus" the past couple of days. I'm guessing I'll need to go back to YouTube for some reliability. Same message as above... my private, password protected video needs to be uploaded. No need to put the URL into the message so your PR team can spin the obvious mistake from your development team. All good things must come to an end.

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Hey Chip, These transcoding delays happen from time to time, and we always do our best to keep our users informed while they're happening. No PR team was working on this -- only the Dev team and the Support team.

We're all caught up now and your latest video is online. Thank you for your patience!

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Hey there- Sorry for the inconvenience, but it looks like yours is caught in a different place. I'm going to pass this on to our developers on we'll get it online ASAP.

If this is time sensitive, I recommend trying your upload again. Let us know if you have any further issues.

MrDheo

MrDheo

I have someone waiting for the video for more than 4h now....people with 2h waiting get their problem solved? Start to think about Chip Acker statement about YouTube...my video is password protected as well and I need to solve this urgently. Thanks.

Link: vimeo.com/52711892

MrDheo

MrDheo

Solved...thanks

Sharon Petrosky

Sharon Petrosky

May I have assistance with converting my password protected video? It's been stuck at this stage for a few hours now. Thank you!

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Looks like this one is already online -- let us know if you experience any further issues!

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Looks like this one has been deleted. Let us know if you experience any further issues!

Matt McGee

Matt McGee Plus

Yeah, I actually deleted that one and tried re-uploading it. The new one doesn't seem to be converting anymore, but when I click on it I get a "sorry, this video is unavailable" message.

Link: vimeo.com/52748518

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Hey Matt, Something odd is definitely happening with your file. I just tried to manually process it -- hopefully that will do the trick. Please post again if the issue re-occurs after the process is complete.

Matt McGee

Matt McGee Plus

It is up, thanks! Any chance of getting it converted to HD? I'm assuming it didn't automatically because the one I deleted was considered my HD upload for the week.

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Looks like you have since deleted this link. Please let us know if you experience further issues.

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Hey there, This video hasn't actually finished uploading. If you don't have any upload windows open, that unfortunately means that this upload has failed. Did you see the upload get all the way to 100% before clicking over?

MK Super 8

MK Super 8 Plus

hi i have the window open still. i have only been able to get 1/2 through any of the uploads i've tried in the past few days. it's just hangs at about 34% to 60%
i've tried different files but always with the same result. i even left one upload going overnight.

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Hey there, How big are your files and what kind of upload speeds are you seeing?

I'd recommend trying a few different browsers and also switching between the Basic and Advanced versions of the uploader on the upload page. Let us know if you get better service through any of those combinations.

Philip Bloom

Philip Bloom PRO

HI guys

vimeo.com/52601164

tried to re-upload a my safari doc and it has been stuck on conversion for 10 hours or so…i tried to reupload it again instead and get a screwed up page when i click on settings and video file.

Tried different computers. Different service providers. Everything I can do. It's just screwed…Can you please help?!

Thanks!

P

Link: vimeo.com/52601164

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Sorry about that, Phil -- I just gave this one a push and it should be online soon. Let me know if you have any further issues.

The BLG Group

The BLG Group

Hi there, my video has been in conversion for about 7 hours -- can you please help -- I'd rather not post link here since it's a business-related video. Let me know if I can send it privately.
Thank you!

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Hi there - I found the link under your account. We'll get that up ASAP. Sorry for the delay!

(For future reference, you can post links to private videos in the forum. Only staff will be able to see your videos.)

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Passing this on to a developer now. We'll work on getting it up ASAP! Sorry for the delay.

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Thanks for the kind words, Juan. The hurricane caused some damage but the Vimeo team is safe and sound. :)

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Passing this on to a developer now. We'll work on getting it up ASAP! Sorry for the delay.

Vanessa Stern

Vanessa Stern

you guys, thank you. i uploaded it another time. it worked. now i deleted the last one. so my problem is solved.

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Looks like this one has since been deleted. Let us know if the issue crops up again! Sorry for the delay!

Nick Turner

Nick Turner

Hi,

When you can, could someone have a look at:

vimeo.com/52731326

It's stuck at "Just finishing up..."

Many thanks in advance - I don't know if you're based in NYC - but if you're anywhere on the East Coast, I hope you guys haven't had it too rough!!

Cheers,

Nick.

Link: vimeo.com/52731326

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Hey Nick, It looks like this upload actually failed. Sorry for the confusion. Can you try uploading again?

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

JohnnyRandom

JohnnyRandom Plus

LOL I am reading them wondering my my stuff is sitting in perpetual upload....of course they did just weather a hurricane ;-)

Time to move the servers underground in Kansas :-D

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Hey there, You can see if you look through this thread that we've been responding to each post. Do you have a video that's stuck?

JohnnyRandom

JohnnyRandom Plus

I do! Thank you :-)

It had only been sitting for 15 minutes when I first posted to this. I went out for the day and came back to see it still hanging there. I did not find that a justifiable amount to time to ask.

vimeo.com/52798364

Ranadeep Mandal

Ranadeep Mandal

Same here. Almost a day now. Waiting waiting and waiting. Your videos uploaded yet?

julia maher

julia maher

I am trying to play "Light Moves" Parts I and II, but when I hit play the screen goes black and stays that way. I appreciate your help!

Link: vimeo.com/34252578

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Hey there- I just reprocessed this video and it seems to be playing fine now. Sorry about that.

Kim G. Soerensen

Kim G. Soerensen

Hey, my video is stuck in "waiting to convert". I've tried it on more than one account and nothing seems to work. can you perhaps give it a push...thanks

Link: vimeo.com/52795779

Kim G. Soerensen

Kim G. Soerensen

for a second there it really looked like something was happening. it doesn't say converting anymore but the video isn't there. a blank video player. the format is .mov, which i believe should be fine, yes?

Link: vimeo.com/52795779

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Hey Kim, I think I see the problem! Your video is using an audio codec that Vimeo does not support. If you re-encode your video with AAC audio per our recommended settings you should be able to upload without a hitch.

You should have received a different error message on that video. Passing this on to our developers to look into.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Kim G. Soerensen

Kim G. Soerensen

I had a feeling I was the idiot here :) anyhow, I uploaded another one with AAC-encoded audio so hopefully that will do the trick. it's in the conversion-stage right now. thank a bunch for your excellent support

Link: vimeo.com/52811417

Alessandra Hoshor

Alessandra Hoshor Plus

Hi! My video said it was done converting and then went back to the stage where it said it was ready to convert momentarily ..... if you could help out ! Thank you.

Link: vimeo.com/52796952

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Exeter Vineyard

Exeter Vineyard

Been waiting 2 weeks - I forgot about it actually, and assumed it had worked. Really appreciate you looking at it. Love the site and the concept! Thanks

Link: vimeo.com/51750772

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Looks like the file is up now, but the HD encoding message hasn't gone away. Passing this to a developer right now!

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

ventured.eu

ventured.eu

Still nothing. Should I reupload the file? Thanks.

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

kathryn Alexander

kathryn Alexander PRO

Thanks Darnell

We can view the video via the Apple TV Vimeo button but not from the browser

Kathryn

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Cedar Fork Church

Cedar Fork Church

Logged in just now to see if my video was ready. It appeared to be ready but when I clicked on it, I get the message, "Conversion is about to begin" and now the video has "Processing" across the top. Any idea how much longer it will be?

Cedar Fork Church

Cedar Fork Church

Can someone please shed some light on what's going on? I just purchased Vimeo pro 1 week ago for my church and now I'm wondering if that was a good decision. Please help.

Alex Dao

Alex Dao Staff

This video's playing for me! Are you still having trouble seeing it?

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

It's up to you! It should be up before end of day. It looks like most of your quota is intact but I'd be happy to reset it if this issue causes you to go over it.

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Alex Dao

Alex Dao Staff

Can you post a link to the video you're waiting on?

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Pod Films

Pod Films Plus

Can you give me an estimate as to when it will be up? Client is getting stressed as was due to show CEO at end of day here in London.....

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Roberto Dessì

Roberto Dessì

I tried uploading this video for 3 times, the first 2 times it crashed after 80%, the last one seems uploaded but it's stucked. I don't know if the problem was my connection, the file format or vimeo servers. I hope you can help me :p

Link: vimeo.com/52856899

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Alex Dao

Alex Dao Staff

Passing this on to a developer, we'll get this up right away!

Jeff Branch

Jeff Branch Plus

Hello - I uploaded a video a couple days ago - it was halted due to conversion issues. A couple hours later it finally finished, but on multiple computers (even if its fully loaded) the video skips a lot.

Link: vimeo.com/52624866

Alex Dao

Alex Dao Staff

Hi Jeff, this video's frame rate is double what we recommend (30). Take a look at our Compression Settings and try exporting your video again and then replacing it.

Vimeo FAQ: vimeo.com/help/compression

Alex Dao

Alex Dao Staff

I'll have a developer take a look at this! Sorry for the delays, we'll get this video up ASAP.

Shayok Mukhopadhyay

Shayok Mukhopadhyay Plus

I re-uploaded the same file, replacing all the dots in the filename with underscores - i don't know if that was the reason why, but this one went through.

Alex Dao

Alex Dao Staff

Hey Maria, sorry for the delay! We'll take a look at this and get this up as soon as we can.

Alex Dao

Alex Dao Staff

Hi Luke, sorry for the delays. We're looking into this issue and I'll have a developer push these videos through for you ASAP!

Alex Dao

Alex Dao Staff

Thanks Jean, we'll take a look and get this up for you right away. Sorry for the delay!

Jean Marcotte

Jean Marcotte Plus

Don't bother. Ill delete . Its been over 19 hrs. I already re uploaded

Alex Dao

Alex Dao Staff

I'll have a developer look into this and give it a push. Sorry for the wait!

Alex Dao

Alex Dao Staff

Sorry for the wait, I'll have a developer take a look and push this through for you.

Alex Dao

Alex Dao Staff

Sorry for the delay, we'll take a look and get this up for you asap!

Dr. Shannon Magness / 'ESM'

Hi there!

I'm stuck in 'conversion about to begin' for a couple hours now, I don't know if I should be seeing a progress bar or something. . . . (first attempt at uploading 5 gigs failed so I'm just monitoring).

Here's the link

vimeo.com/52851933

Thanks for any help or info :)

Alex Dao

Alex Dao Staff

Hi Shannon, I'm sorry but unfortunately this upload didn't go through. Can you try uploading again? You may want to try using another browser or switching between the Advanced and Basic uploaders. If you still have trouble, we can help you out in this thread:

Link: vimeo.com/forums/help/topic:16738

Rikki Klaus

Rikki Klaus

Thanks in advance for your help!

vimeo.com/52903822 ... My video loaded last night just after 11 p.m.; however, it still says, "Conversion is about to begin."

Thanks again,
Rikki

Alex Dao

Alex Dao Staff

Hi Rikki, sorry for the delay! We'll take a look and get this up for you right away.

Alex Dao

Alex Dao Staff

I'm passing this on to a developer so they can take a look and get your video up! Sorry for the delay.

Alex Dao

Alex Dao Staff

Sorry for the wait! I'm passing this on to a developer so they can take a look and push this video for you. We'll get it up asap!

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your reply but do I need to upload even though I was sent a link which I followed to vimeo and my film played for me there. . .just in SD (it said it was converting it to HD also. . .).

thanks again!
vimeo.com/52888641

Alex Dao

Alex Dao Staff

Hi Shannon, this video is up now but the one you linked me to earlier did not upload properly so you'll need to upload it again.

Alex Dao

Alex Dao Staff

Hi Derek, sorry for the wait. We'll get this up for you asap!

Hi Rebecca,

I had two of the same video up and I deleted the one that did not fully work (my first try uploading, which took 10 hours because it's such a huge file). Thanks for checking up, everything seems to be running smoothly on the other file now, so it's all done; your help is much appreciated!! :)
vimeo.com/52888641

Tony Mills

Tony Mills PRO

Mine are 30 sec 720 files. vimeo.com/52557096

Should be easy, but the upload and conversion has been really inconsistant as has been playback recently. We have a super fast ISP connection and Youtube works just fine so that means that there's something wrong with your streaming capabilities.

Since we are pro users we would like to get an honest answer about what your real capabilities are. We are basing a whole business model on the smooth playback of our videos and really don't want to go to the Youtube alternative unless you can't guarantee consistant playback speeds.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Rebecca Tharp

Rebecca Tharp Staff

I apologize for the delay on that video. The honest answer is that we are experiencing temporary and intermittent conversion issues at the moment, but are working on a fix. I've sent that video along to a developer, so it will be up shortly. The issue should not be ongoing in any sort of long-term capacity; it is merely temporary.

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Katie Armstrong

Katie Armstrong Staff

Sorry for the wait, Jonathan! We'll have a developer take a look right now. Thanks for your patience.

Katie Armstrong

Katie Armstrong Staff

Hi there, sorry about that. It looks like you're stuck. Hang tight! We'll have a developer take a look now. It should be up and running soon!

Luke Warmwater

Luke Warmwater

Can the staff please explain what us going on in detail? Thanks

Katie Armstrong

Katie Armstrong Staff

Hi Luke, as Rebecca said a few posts up,

"The honest answer is that we are experiencing temporary and intermittent conversion issues at the moment, but are working on a fix. The issue should not be ongoing in any sort of long-term capacity; it is merely temporary."

Some folks are finding that, though their videos upload normally, they get stuck in the conversion phase, meaning that they are not playable. We are working with our developers to both get these videos up and running as quickly as possible, and gather information to ensure that these issues don't pop up again.

The Sequence Group

The Sequence Group PRO

We also have a video that appears to be stuck, 52970353. We have clients waiting to see the video, however. Should we reencode it as something else and upload it again?

Link: vimeo.com/52970353

Idea Farm Productions

Idea Farm Productions

This is ridiculous! When is it going to be fixed? I posted this this morning and it still hasn't finished it's "conversion" !! I want a free month.

Link: vimeo.com/52943298

A Noise Within

A Noise Within

Hello!

Our video has been stuckety-stuck in conversion mode for a few hours now. Any chance you can take a peek and nudge it along?

Thanks!

Link: vimeo.com/52171498

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

I have passed this on to a developer. We'll have it up ASAP. Sorry for the delay!

Papier Creatif

Papier Creatif Plus

The 1st one listed above went thru and posted.

vimeo.com/52979584 The 2nd also appears to be stuck in uploading starting, several minutes, no status bar.

Thanks!

Genepool Productions

Genepool Productions PRO

I've uploaded five videos and the second last one says it is about to convert- have been waiting a couple of hours. Have to get this out tonight so need to know if I have to upload again.
Thanks, Ros at Genepool

Link: vimeo.com/52972722

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Looks like this file has since been deleted. Let us know if you have any further issues!

Bobby

Bobby Plus

First I could not upload my video at all. I canceled several times after hours of waiting. NOW, I'm stuck in "Conversion" mode.
Going to bed now, hope it's there in the morning when I get up.

Link: vimeo.com/52983819

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

I have passed this on to a developer. We'll have it up ASAP. Sorry for the delay!

Bobby

Bobby Plus

Well I am up from a night of sleep and I'm still stuck in "Conversion" mode after 8 hours of tossing and turning. HELP ME.

Link: vimeo.com/52983819

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Looks like this one has been deleted. Let us know if you experience any further issues!

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

lyncoulls

lyncoulls Plus

mine too.. been converting for almost 3 hours now.. whats going on?

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Unfortunately that one has failed and will need to be uploaded again. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Bucket Brigade

Bucket Brigade Plus

Help! I successfully uploaded this last night and this morning it was still "just finishing up." I deleted that file and uploaded again, but it's still stuck in processing. I need to get this video up ASAP. Help!

Link: vimeo.com/39069189

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

I'll try to restore the original again, but unfortunately you'll need to upload the replacement again. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Sorry about that, it looks like you deleted that video and re-uploaded it successfully. Are you still having any trouble?

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Sorry about that, it looks like you deleted that video and re-uploaded it successfully. Are you still having any trouble?

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Sorry Michael, but that clip has failed and will need to be uploaded again. I apologize for any inconvenience.

duartix

duartix

vimeo.com/53457386 It was FullHD and has been processing for around 18h.
this morning I tried to upload in HD
vimeo.com/53501134
and it supposedly finished but the video looks unplayable (it wont even start to buffer).

Thanks for the help.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Sorry Ben, but that clip failed and will have to be uploaded again. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

It looks like you deleted that clip, were you able to upload it again?

KATADYSEIS

KATADYSEIS Plus

et donc, y'a juste à attendre ou bien faut faire une manipulation?

Meena Serendib

Meena Serendib

Now I'm stuck in "final touches". Hard to tell if it's a normal wait time or if it's going significantly slower. Thank you thank you!!

vimeo.com/53541177

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Sorry, but that clip has failed and you'll have to upload it again. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Gregor Sch

Gregor Sch

hej,
my video also seems stuck since yesterday, the upload worked, conversion not so much.
thank you

Link: vimeo.com/53533578

Cherith Baptist Church

Cherith Baptist Church Plus

I am having this issue with "Conversion is about to begin Great things are about to happen — your video will start converting shortly".

This is all thats in the window. When I go back to my videos, I see the word "Processing" on the the top of the video, but its been going on for over two hours.

I rec a 100% upload completed and then went to myvideos to try test it and got this message. Can you take a look at this?

Link: vimeo.com/53593951

Cherith Baptist Church

Cherith Baptist Church Plus

On my videos page, I just recieved a "Processing Error" message after 2 hours. I just went back to screen without refreshing and it now "Processing" again. Any thoughts?

Arsenal Pictures

Arsenal Pictures Plus

If i remove the password the page disappears.
The password also does not seem to work. If i change the password it still does not work.
People enter it and nothing happens.

Rob

Rob

hello,
i'm wondering if my compression or whatever is ok? it's been sitting there for like 10 hours.

thanx
:-)

Link: vimeo.com/53646637

Lemon y Coco

Lemon y Coco

We have uploaded this video four hours ago but it's not available yet. The link shows the message: "Your video will begin converting momentarily".

Could you help me? We need to show this video in 5 hours in a important meeting. This is very important for us.

Enlace: vimeo.com/53667773

A102studios

A102studios

STILL STUCK "Your video will begin converting momentarily" for about 14 hours. i tried uploading the video agin. no luck, never finishes uploading.

Link: vimeo.com/53462507

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

That video is online and playable on our end, are you seeing otherwise?

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.