John O'Rourke

John O'Rourke

Over the last week or so the video either doesn't play, or whenever I press pause and try and resume playback it fails to load. This happens with literally every video and I've tried Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome, it has to be something wrong with Vimeo

Piero Desopo

Piero Desopo Plus

+1
Same here, I've tried any possible browser.
The video loads, then if I scrub the time line it reloads again or it simply stuck.

Frank Vidal

Frank Vidal

With mine, it works on IE, but not on Chrome. Not sure what's causing this. I too press the play button, but it just goes to a black screen. My Chrome is updated, and all the plugins are updated. It plays on IE fine, but it's a mystery why it doesn't work on Chrome.

Rebecca Tharp

Rebecca Tharp Staff

Hi all- sorry for the trouble. We're currently attempting to enhance our buffering logic, which has resulted in a few glitches involving the buffering. The issue will be resolved shortly!

John O'Rourke

John O'Rourke

it's happening even more often now, some videos just won't buffer ever now. please fix this, my clients are having a problem viewing the videos and I'm getting complaints!

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Hey John, It's our top priority right now. Unfortunately, our development team has been slowed down by the Hurricane, but we hope to have this resolved soon.

Teixidor

Teixidor

My video "Manhattan Island" makes a short stop every 2 seconds!!!!!
Carmen

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Hey there, We're working on our buffering logic currently. Sorry for the choppy playback experience!

Teixidor

Teixidor

In fact it does that only if I use the larger screen, and i don't know how to revert to the smaller size where it flows normally. Thank you

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Hi there, If you press the "HD" button at the bottom of the player, you can toggle between the SD and HD versions of your video. Is this what you mean?

Teixidor

Teixidor

Yes, it flows well without HD. With HD it stops every 1/2 seconds.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.