Randy Wheeler

Randy Wheeler Plus

When I embed a private Vimeo video on my website it will skip to the end after I enter the password and hit the play button. I have to hit the play button a second time to get it to play from the beginning.

I read in one of the threads here to turn off Evernote in my browser but I don't have that program installed.

Rel Neva

Rel Neva Plus

I tried in Chrome 22.0.1229.94 and Safari Version 6.0.1 (7536.26.14) in OS X 10.7.5. I gave up and turned the password off in the video settings. I can try turning it back on and testing on a Windows comp with different browsers later today. I'll also post a link to the site here for you to try if you'd like.

Rel Neva

Rel Neva Plus

I sent a message with the link. I'd rather not post the link here.

Rel Neva

Rel Neva Plus

I sent a link, and also I just tried in Windows 7 with Chrome Version 22.0.1229.94 m

I see the same bug where video jumps straight to the end when you press play after entering the password

Rel Neva

Rel Neva Plus

I sent it in a message to Rebecca Tharp. I just went ahead and sent it in a message to you too now. Thanks

Randy Wheeler

Randy Wheeler Plus

I tried current versions of Firefox, Chrome and Explorer, all the same problem on two different PC's.

TUMAKEUP.TV

TUMAKEUP.TV PRO

Hi, could you help me? I don´t know how eliminate the embedded of my private videos. So everybocy can copy and paste it wherever they want, I need help, please, thansk you

Enlace: micursodemaquillaje.com

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Hi there, On each clip's privacy settings page you have the ability to prevent people from embedding your videos elsewhere.

For example, on this page: vimeo.com/50108670/settings/privacy

Under "Where can this video be embedded?," select "Nowhere" or "Only on sites I choose."

Randy Wheeler

Randy Wheeler Plus

That specific video is for a law firm involving a court case so I can't give out the link, which is why it's also password protected.

Looks like it is behaving differently now though. After entering the password the video player progress bar skips to the end but retains the initial thumbnail. When I press the play button for the first time it does cue the progress bar back to the beginning and starts playing. I can live with that.

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Hi Randy, Would it be possible for you to send us a private message with a link to the site? It would be much easier for us to troubleshoot this issue if we can see it in action.

If so, visit my Vimeo profile and click the "Send Message" button.

Rel Neva

Rel Neva Plus

Hi Darnell, I sent you a link to my website that I'm seeing the same problem with. Hope that helps with the troubleshooting.

Rebecca Tharp

Rebecca Tharp Staff

Hey Rel- I checked out the page source of your website and it seems you may be using an incorrect embed code. How are you currently embedding those videos? Can you try pulling the embed code from the light box that comes up when you hit "share" on the video itself? It should be the iframe embed code that you're using.

Rel Neva

Rel Neva Plus

Hi Rebecca, thanks for looking at it. I updated the share code to be the code from the lightbox and I get the same bug where it jumps to the end after you press play.

=(

Rel Neva

Rel Neva Plus

Also, in Safari after entering the password nothing is loaded at all (the password text box disappears and all I see is the background). But in Chrome the video 1st frame shows but jumps to the end when you press play.

Can any Vimeo staff member successfully embed a private video? It seems I'm not the only one with this problem.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.