USBGF

USBGF Plus

This error applies to any videos which are not embedded. There seems to be a javascript error which is causing the stats not to load beneath the video and also not allowing the video to load. I can understand the warning to the user to upgrade from IE 7, however, there is no warning in IE 8. Videos render as intended in IE 9, Chrome, Fire Fox, and Opera.

The script error shows to be: Object doesn't support property or method 'hasOwnProperty'
global_combined.min.js?1f9b6f4a, line 584 character 164

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Link: vimeo.com/40570865

Mark

Mark Staff

I will have my colleague with a PC try and troubleshoot this once he comes online.

AMBER Alert

AMBER Alert Plus

Good morning! Our users are reporting the same issue with IE8. I am able to access our videos from IE 9 and Firefox 16.0.2 without any problems. We appreciate your assistance Mark with this error. Thanks USBGF for reporting! :-)

Bonnie

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Is this happening in all browsers, or just in Chrome? What version of Windows are you using?

Jay & Jess

Jay & Jess Plus

Actually, is happening only in Internet Explorer. I'm using Windows 7.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Thanks Jay & Jess, our developers are looking into this now. In the meantime I'd recommend upgrading to IE9 or switching to another web browser.

Link: vimeo.com/help/faq/usingthevimeo_website#browsers

AMBER Alert

AMBER Alert Plus

We are only experiencing the issue with IE 7 and 8, and the windows version is 8. With Firefox and Chrome, the videos are loading just fine. Thanks for your help! :-)

AMBER Alert

AMBER Alert Plus

I am reporting for a group of users that are in a different physical location than I am (they are all onsite/within a college network, I am offsite/telecommute); they indicated they have confirmed a correction that they are working in Win7 with IE 8 and receiving the error. I am in Win7 Home Premium using IE9 and don't have any problems accessing/loading/playing the videos. Also works fine for me in Firefox and Chrome. Thanks again and sorry for the confusion/error on the previous posting/response about Win8.

Bonnie

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Thanks Bonnie, we're looking into this IE8 issue now. Wherever possible, I recommend updating to IE9 or switching to another browser.

Link: vimeo.com/help/faq/usingthevimeo_website#browsers

The Board of Pensions PC(USA)

The Board of Pensions PC(USA) PRO

Vimeo friends, we're experiencing the issue as well. To share our IE/OS details in hopes of contributing to a resolution, we're running IE8 on XP.

USBGF

USBGF Plus

Works for me now on IE 8 with XP. Thank you!

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.