Dominic Burgess

Dominic Burgess

Why have I just got this message?

'You must slow down your search rate. Try again later.'

I watched about three videos, from start to end, all approx 2 mins long. And now I cant seem to watch any videos!

I have never got this before, even when searching much faster. Please fix this Vimeo!

Regards,

Dom

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Sorry about that, Dom. Can you try clearing your browser's cache and cookies?

Dominic Burgess

Dominic Burgess

thanks Ian, seems to be working again, although i didnt clear my cache or cookies. will try that in the future though if it happens again. thanks for the quick response.

best,

dom

Sash Mill

Sash Mill

Hi guys, i have just had the same error - first time I've ever seen it, and for a video search engine that I pay for, it's not a great look.

Sarah MacWright

Sarah MacWright

I teach video at a school, and my students are learning about Creative Commons licensing and doing license-specific searches on Vimeo to make video collages. They love the project, but when we all were working together today (on separate computers), they all got this error message. Apparently Vimeo interprets all the users on our campus as one. Is there any way to fix this problem? Thanks so much for your help.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Interesting. If they try using different browsers, does it help?

Sarah MacWright

Sarah MacWright

Thanks for your reply -- we can certainly try. We did try the cache trick, but it didn't help.

Mark

Mark Staff

If they're all on the same IP address, unfortunately that's going to happen.

Sarah MacWright

Sarah MacWright

That's a real shame. Thanks very much for responding, Ian and Mark.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.