Matt Hooks

Matt Hooks

Hi. I just released a Ruby Gem which acts as a wrapper for the Vimeo API. You can find the code here:

github.com/matthooks/vimeo/tree/master

The README details the installation instructions.

I did my best to implement the API as it is documented, though I noticed there were some (rather large) holes in the documentation. Also, the code is a work in progress, so make sure to let me know if you find any bugs!

Thanks,
~ matt

moski doski

moski doski

Thats awesome, i was trying to build something similar .... i am going to give it a shot this weekend and see how it goes.

Matt Hooks

Matt Hooks

Cool, let me know if you have any suggestions!

Jeff

Jeff

Can you post a working example that's using your Ruby implementation?

Praveen Sharma

Praveen Sharma

I'm having an issue using get_list_by_tag. It seems like the returned array is only a single video: item! Obviously i can't loop through for each video and get the id this way! Any ideas?

Praveen Sharma

Praveen Sharma

In case anyone finds this and needs help, Matt helped me out and linked me to this example of how to traverse the API response properly: gist.github.com/110822

None

None

Hi Matt, I'm trying to upload video. I've managed to get frob

v_auth = Vimeo::Advanced::Auth.new(key, secret)
frob = v_auth.get_frob["rsp"]["frob"]

How can I get token from here, I've tried with

v_auth.get_token(frob)

but that doesn't work?

None

None

I've missed the desktop/web authorization part.
Everything works now.

Thanks for the gem Matt!

ravid nyc

ravid nyc

Hi Matt,

I'm still stuck with the desktop authorization part. Is there a function in your ruby wrapper that I can call to automatically login (email / password) so I can get a token. Currently, it seems that to get the auth token, it has to authenticate via the web browser. The php simplevimeo wrapper seems to have a login function, but I'd prefer to use ruby.

I was able to get a auth token via the example.php that vimeo provided and then hard code that token in to use your wrapper to upload a video, but I'd prefer to run this script without having to use a web browser.

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks.

Brad Dougherty

Brad Dougherty Staff

You'll have to get a token if you want to make an authenticated call (and the only way to do that is through a browser).

fashionable nyc

fashionable nyc

Ok.. I've read thru other forums and does it mean that once I have a token, I can continue to use that token (for that vimeo user) without it expiring (unless the user revokes my priveleges)?

Thanks in advance.

jugnoo

jugnoo

I used your github's method. My code like this :
result = channel.get_all({:user_id => "userid"})

the error occured all the time:
uninitialized constant Vimeo::Advanced::Base::Crack

Fragments

Fragments

I had this problem too after I switched databases, for some reason including the "crack" gem in my bundle fixed this issue. Good luck!

jugnoo

jugnoo

I use the version 1.4.2, I want to know the reason and how to reslove it, thank you ~

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.