Kamalashila Matthews

Kamalashila Matthews

I put up a few videos in my channel that individual teachers want access to only by password. So I set a password. Those videos then get a heavy read stripe and the word 'PRIVATE' in capitals, which gives an inappropriate message. I would either prefer something more discreet and neutral or to be able to control the words used to indicate that a particular video will need a password.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Hi. Are you aware that only people with access to those videos will be seeing that ribbon? It's a visual confirmation to tell the clip owner and the people with access that this is a private video they have access to. Others will not see the video thumbnail at all.

Kamalashila Matthews

Kamalashila Matthews

My understanding is that anyone who wishes can access the videos in the sense that they can view them as an icon on the screen. But they can only play those that are password protected if they know the password.

I want people to be able to find videos that are password protected, so that they can input the passowrd and play them.

How could they get to the point of inputting the password unless they could locate the videos?

For example, about 300 of my facebook friends have received the links and will be able to use the password for the videos I have posted as 'password access only' - they are all by the same teacher and use the same password. Some seem to have found the files OK... there have been more plays than I have done myself... so they must have used the password, no? My issue is that I woujld prefer people not to see that ribbon marked 'private' - a discreet footnote saying it was password protected would be fine.
best wishes
KS

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.