Ioannis Lelakis

Ioannis Lelakis

I joined vimeo a few weeks ago. Yesterday I finally uploaded my first video, but I still cannot find it by searching on title or any of the tags. I cannot find myself when I search on people either. This counts in both logged in/logged off modes. Is it a normal thing here? Or does it take more than 20 hours for new videos to be indexed and over a month for a new user to be listed in the search engines?
Any help from the staff will be deeply appreciated! :)

Link: vimeo.com/56441928

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi Ioannis, welcome to Vimeo and sorry for the trouble! We're working on an issue with search where recently uploaded videos aren't being indexed. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

Hi there, sorry for the trouble! We're working on an issue with search where recently uploaded videos aren't being indexed. I apologize for any inconvenience.

philb

philb

Thought I was the only one who could.t find a video they posted! Obviously not, thought I had set it up wrong as it had been 3 days and still couldn't find it through a search!

Glad to see it's being worked on... at least it wasn't me for a change

Rebecca Tharp

Rebecca Tharp Staff

Sorry about that! The issue is still being looked at but we're hoping for a full fix soon!

Brendan Leigh

Brendan Leigh

thanks yea i just got an account a week or too ago but it works some times but isnt consistent. Like i will search my name sometimes and it comes up under people but others it says we cant find anyone by that name. not a huge deal but figured id let you know

Charlie Cairoli

Charlie Cairoli

Same things to me. No search results with my name nor with any video uploaded! Can u fix it? Thanks,
Charlie

Darnell Witt

Darnell Witt Staff

Hey Charlie, Since you just joined, it may take some time from your profile to appear in results. What videos were you searching for?

Charlie Cairoli

Charlie Cairoli

Hi! I was searching for the video I've recently upload but it seems impossible to find it. The same with my name. I'll wait few weeks so! Thanks, Charlie.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi there, unfortunately, our search function does not currently support non english characters. Sorry about that!

Mark Smith 2006

Mark Smith 2006

Hello, I joined Vimeo yesterday and uploaded 4 videos so far. The 4 uploads went fine and I can watch them while signed in with no problems. When I log out and search for my profile as a guest, I can find it, but it says there are no video's uploaded yet. Any idea's?

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi Mark, password protected videos do not display publicly under users' accounts. So you'll only be able to see them when you are logged into your account or if you have the direct URL.

Lens Flair Wales

Lens Flair Wales

Same thing happening to us at Lens Flair Wales, I asked someone to go and look at a video and they couldn't find it, so we searched and we failed to find the video or ourselves

Link: vimeo.com/user15987915

Rebecca Tharp

Rebecca Tharp Staff

Looks as though you just joined yesterday-- we are still working on the issue with newly joined members/newly uploaded videos.

PRESO de HUERFANITA FILMS

PRESO de HUERFANITA FILMS

Hi Mark, thank you for your message. I did as you suggested, but I am still missing my first account, linked to the email ayanamaya@gmail.com... what happened to it?
Thanks again,
Ana

Mark

Mark Staff

That video is private, and therefore you can't search for it.

arnaud de laage

arnaud de laage

but when i access this video as a non-member, i can't even provide a password

arnaud de laage

arnaud de laage

i see the first frame of the video but i'm denied to provide a password. surprisingly, it seems i can download it without a password...
also, when i click on my name as a non-memeber it says that i haven't uploaded any video yet

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Interesting. Can you try logging out and then clearing your cache and cookies and then go to vimeo.com/57808955? It sounds like some of the video's information is saved into your cache currently despite being logged out.

arnaud de laage

arnaud de laage

ok. now i access a page asking for the password, then i get to the video but i can't play it, just download it !?
thanks for your help btw

arnaud de laage

arnaud de laage

actually it is a problem with the flash player. it works fine when i switch to html.
thanks for the help

CalvarySW

CalvarySW PRO

i cant find my channel "ccsw" logged in or logged out... cant see the video either. i loaded the same video from imovie and then from my "lacie' mass storage and still cant find it. help....

Mark

Mark Staff

It can take up to 3 days for new items to be found via search. We're working on this.

dj kim

dj kim

I can't find my videos by searching my name

Mark

Mark Staff

You can't find your video because it's private. As for your name, i'll look into this..

Neil Lawrence

Neil Lawrence

hi its been a week now and i still can't find my profile, any news?

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Hi Aurelien, please make sure that the videos have your name in the title, description, or tags, then try again!

Rebecca Tharp

Rebecca Tharp Staff

Aurelien, it's because you're adding an accent to your name in the tags. It appears as such: "aurélien laplace". Your account does show up when you type in Aurelien Laplace, though. (Check in the "people" tab.) I would suggest changing your tags to "aurelien laplace" to see if that might make a difference in search results.

Mark

Mark Staff

So you're not finding yourself when you type "aurelien laplace" either?

Mark

Mark Staff

Yes. We're currently beta testing a new search system, it's possible that either you (or i) are not currently on it which is why one of us is seeing it and the other isn't. We hope to be offering more consistent results soon.

Aurelien Laplace

Aurelien Laplace

Ok, thank you very much. I hope i will manage to find myself one day on vimeo ! ;)

Pari Johnson

Pari Johnson

Hello. I'm having the same problem with 'Search'...that it can't find my video which has been up for 6 months. It was Private before. I made it Public yesterday, Sunday, Feb 10, 2013. It looks like this issue has been going on for weeks. Are you any closer to solving it? Thanks, Pari

Link: vimeo.com/45999787

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi Pari, we're working on this and apologize for the inconvenience. I hope we solve it soon!

Pari Johnson

Pari Johnson

Thank you, Ian. It seems to me, that rather than wait around for Vimeo to get this problem fixed, I should just put me video on Youtube. If people can't find my video at Vimeo, what's the point???

Link: vimeo.com/45999787

Jake White

Jake White

haha, it looks like this has gone on for a straight month, its happening to me. if you haven't been able to fix this problem for a whole month then you aren't fixing it. not impressed so far with vimeo.

james biasetto

james biasetto

I'm finding the same problem, i uploaded my video and i want to send the link out, but i can't find the movie myself. I don't want to send people a dud link.

Any help would be great, thanks.

james

Link: vimeo.com/59540427

Mark

Mark Staff

Yes, we're working on this issue. Sorry for the inconvenience. We don't need any further examples.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.