Alan Pierson

Alan Pierson

So happy to see that Vimeo's released a Windows 8 ("metro" style) app. It's pretty minimal at this point, though, and there are a bunch of features I'm hoping will be added soon:

1) ability to search my videos (and those of others) -- the search button doesn't do anything at this point, which is kind of weird.
2) ability to sort videos (alphabetically, by date, etc...) as one can do on the web site.
3) access to my albums -- these aren't available at this point.

I'm guessing that new features are already in the pipeline.

Soxiam

Soxiam Staff

Hi Alan. This was our first foray into windows app and I'm sure the future version will bring some needed improvements. I will pass along your request to our mobile team. Thanks for your input.

Alan Pierson

Alan Pierson

Thanks, Sox! That's exactly what I figured. I mostly wanted to let you guys know that the Windows app is appreciated and being used and that we're eager to see it do more.

Bill z

Bill z

Absolutely agree. I hear that the Search problem is actually a problem with Windows right now, and the Vimeo team is trying to get Microsoft to get that fixed.

To add to that list:

1) Customize Home Screen so only certain categories show.
2) When returning from a video, to show the last page instead of going right back to the "Staff Picks" page.
3) Volume slider during playback.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.