LetsMakeMedia

LetsMakeMedia Plus

You want me to believe that yesterday almost 54,000 people had my video loaded onto their page and 2 clicked through. It's such complete bullshit. I am tired of outages, downtime and mishandled information. IM fucking POSSIBLE. Seriously.

LetsMakeMedia

LetsMakeMedia Plus

Sorry about the language, just seems like the stats thing lets me down just when I need it. ALWAYS.

Ruah Edelstein

Ruah Edelstein

I have the same problem with the video (link below). Not thousands as the above complaint, yet, hundreds for sure. The count stopped about 12 hours ago. Can this be solved?

At first (two days ago) there was a problem with upload errors, then this problem with the count. I really wish to keep using Vimeo. These recent experiences make the use unreliable.

Link: vimeo.com/57006815

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi Ruah, I apologize for the stats issue. We experienced some bad logs last evening. Thankfully, your correct stats have been recorded and we are working on getting them back up.

Ruah Edelstein

Ruah Edelstein

Hi Ian, thank you, however, the counts instead of going up went down =)
Yesterday it was 380 and stayed like that for 12 hours or so while I know for certain that a lot of people were watching it. And today, I see a change, the total count dropped (didn't even know that it was possible). I assume that Vimeo staff is still working on getting it all work properly. I appreciate all your time and attention to this video. Thank you.

Link: vimeo.com/57006815

Ruah Edelstein

Ruah Edelstein

=) enjoyed the note about 'punishing the bad robots now'. To their recovery!

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

I'm glad you liked that. Yes, we're still working on this so your stats may appear a bit wonky temporarily. They should level out and display correctly soon. Thanks for your patience!

CHRISTOPHE COUSIN

CHRISTOPHE COUSIN

I have still 2 videos with 0 plays and when I check the stats below these videos they appear to be seen 59 times for " along the Ganga" and 32 times fo " ye shanghai"...all my others videos show differences between the" plays " and the number I can read when I get to the stats...I was considering to upgrade for Vimeo plus to load a serious movie we have been working 2 years ( 40 mn in HD) but what is the point if we cannot get serious stats...? Youtube is free and their stats seem to be working well...What can you answer seriously...?

Link: vimeo.com/56819090 - vimeo.com/56214634

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi Christophe, we experienced some bad logs last evening, which is the issue that you are seeing now. We are working on getting them back up and in general, are working to bolster our stats system.

CHRISTOPHE COUSIN

CHRISTOPHE COUSIN

ALL my stats have been wrong since WEEKS...it is not an issue from only last evening ( which I could easily forgive - nothing is perfect ) ...On my 14 videos, all get different numbers between the "plays " and the official stat available under each video...2 videos are still on 0 plays...so how could I trust now the so called " All time " stats...maybe they are all wrong as well...It is really disturbing before deciding to upload a serious project...I will add that I emptied caches and tried 2 different browsers before complaining...

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

The stats you see on your /videos page are not accurate - we have some work to do to make those correct. The stats you see on the individual video clip page ARE accurate.

SuzyLotusFlower

SuzyLotusFlower

My stats also stopped working as of Monday. I know for sure at least three more people viewed my video and the number remains at 2.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi Suzanne, sorry about that. We're currently working on getting stats up and running. Thanks for your patience.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.