PLAMY 1969

PLAMY 1969

I just decided to become a PLUS member, but Vimeo discouraged me from that decision.
Since few weeks ago the searching results are always 0 (zero) or sometimes "5 days ago" although I use the "Date" option, i.e. the newest results to be shown.
Also, the most known problem of a video jumping by itself to the end, or it starts from its very beginning no matter where I click to watch it from (middle, end, etc.).
Sorry, Vimeo, you're losing a PLUS member... unless the problem is fixed someday, I hope.

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Sorry for the trouble. The search issue should be fixed now and our developers are working on the skipping issue. I apologize for the trouble you had with Vimeo. We're doing our best to keep everything running as it should.

PLAMY 1969

PLAMY 1969

Hmm... Still the same issues... The newest videos are shown "4 days ago"

PLAMY 1969

PLAMY 1969

I usually search for "GH2" and still the newest result are actually the 4-day old ones and the sames.
Also, 3 days ago I uploaded a video with title, tag and description "GH2", but the search engine still doesn't show my gh2 video.
I'm not an expert, but honestly, I've never seen a website, forum, etc. with misguided search option!

Mark

Mark Staff

Found out yesterday that you're absolutely correct, and newer videos aren't being indexed. We're going to push a manual re-index today (hopefully) while we work on automating this process with our new machines.

PLAMY 1969

PLAMY 1969

Still the same: the newest result are "1 week ago" :( :( :(

stoneybridge

stoneybridge

they are just messing with you!
search has been broken for 7-8 weeks now,
every week they re-index 100 or so vids from the last week that are added for any given search keyword.

Then when people notice the next day they aren't being updated we get that they are "working on it" or pretend they didn't know.
I think after 2 months of trying to fix a major issue like this and failing some serious questions need answering

Mark

Mark Staff

That's not true at all. Search unfortunately has been a bit unpredictable while we continue working on it, but nothing is ever done on purpose.

stoneybridge

stoneybridge

I'm not trying to be be rude, it's very predictable "cat" has 91.8k hits last vid 4 days ago, in 3 days it will have 91.9k, until next week.

Saying that i could be wrong because 2 weeks ago you seem to loose a few thousand,
but up to then since the first week that's exactly what happened

Ricardo From Réunion

Ricardo From Réunion

Hello, for several weeks, all my researches( mtb , mountainbike , ... ) show me only videos dating one week, Thank you.

Ricardo From Réunion

Ricardo From Réunion

Sorry the problem returned, this time it is zero search result; thank you.

HaPe

HaPe

I Also have this problem, for our forum i try to get the most up to date video's.
But when i'm searching on date i get all video's beginning from 1 week ago, everey now and then they get updated. (searching fot Kiteboarding / Kitesurfing video's)

DVDlab

DVDlab PRO

we have also problem of uploading and deleting videos. what is happening?

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Hi there, could you please describe the problem you are experiencing?

DVDlab

DVDlab PRO

I've tryed toput 3 videos....but when I start to upload, there is no place with % of uploading,upload will not finish and after all ....the status i "video is uploading".
I can not delete this video in no way.

Link: vimeo.com/user5446972/videos

PLAMY 1969

PLAMY 1969

Ok, now the results of searching show the newest uploaded videos already.
BUT: the results are everything but what I type for searching.
For example, I type "GH2" and then a lot of videos are shown up to date, but no even one video with "GH2" tag or index!

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

Hi there, sorry for the trouble! Could you please provide a link to the video you are trying to find, by searching for "GH2"?

PLAMY 1969

PLAMY 1969

I'm not searching for a specific video, I just want to find and watch all the newest videos of GH2, for example.
Ok, the search can't find my last uploaded video: vimeo.com/57759310.

Zena Hirsch

Zena Hirsch Staff

GH2 might be a little too vague of a search criteria. Try searching for exactly those letters, in quotes, like this: "GH2"

That should improve your results significantly!

PLAMY 1969

PLAMY 1969

Yes, it works better, but is it possible to avoid the quotes?

Mark

Mark Staff

You should use the quotes. Not just on Vimeo, but Google and elsewhere too.

Mark

Mark Staff

The internet works in mysterious ways.

PLAMY 1969

PLAMY 1969

And the "mysterious ways" are back - again no newest results since 3 days, same like before!!!!!!!
Don't wanna be rude, but why don't you find other job?!?

Tommy Penner

Tommy Penner Staff

I find that most comments that start with "Don't wanna be rude" are actually rude. We don't like rude people on Vimeo. Please don't be rude.

PLAMY 1969

PLAMY 1969

Ok, sorry for that, but the problem is back even worse than before.
No search updates, even it shows 0 results most often whatever I type for searching, need to refresh many times.

Ricardo From Réunion

Ricardo From Réunion

Again the same problem, my researches shows me only old videos of week, thank you.

Ricardo From Réunion

Ricardo From Réunion

Désolé, mais le problème est revenu pour la troisième fois . Des résultats de recherche qui datent de plusieurs jours ... Mais merci pour tous vos efforts .

Jor-El Asberry

Jor-El Asberry

*Sigh of Relief* I thought I was the only one having these issues.

Chris Callus

Chris Callus Plus

So damn frustrating. Can't search at all, only ever get 0 results :'(

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.