DevlinPix

DevlinPix Plus

Greetings,

BBC is ready to evaluate a rough cut of my latest movie. However, they are unable to play it. They gain access with the password, it seems to load and show a duration, but then sits in black and does not play. They are able to use Vimeo on other occasions without problem. I'm sending them a link to another of our short videos with no password to see if it has something to do with our account.

Are there any international restrictions? Any other suggestions?

Paul Devlin

Link: vimeo.com/51534780

BBC Entertainment W12

BBC Entertainment W12 Plus

Hiya, I'm also having trouble with a video I've uploaded (password protected) It skips to the end and doesn't play, leaves us with a black screen. It uploaded fine. It doesn't play in Safari, Firefox, Chrome and IE.

Are there any fixes for this yet please? This video is also going to the BBC and is not getting very far!

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi Vicky, is this happening when logged in or logged out of Vimeo?

BBC Entertainment W12

BBC Entertainment W12 Plus

When I'm logged in I can see the video. When I send it out, no one else can see it and when I log out, I can't then see it either. Very strange! It's all password protected, which I love and it's been so very useful in the past. Just not working at the moment.

DevlinPix

DevlinPix Plus

We sent BBC a second link to this short trailer for another movie with no password. They said, "we can download the trailer, but we can’t stream it."

Is there something wrong with our account?

Link: vimeo.com/57886346

Ian Durkin

Ian Durkin Staff

Hi there, are your videos playing fine for you? They are for me. I'm curious if there's an issue with whoever is trying to view the videos at BBC.

DevlinPix

DevlinPix Plus

Yes, it turns out BBC discovered they were having a problem on their end. Still waiting to hear if they sorted it out. Thanks for the reply.

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.