Eric Cutler

Eric Cutler

I've spent a few frustrating days trying to find out why a video I'm embedding and trying to synchronize to an external timer was giving me such a hard time with the seekTo command, but eventually I discovered it was a bug that was even present and re-creatable on the JS API Playground page at player.vimeo.com/playground

Load the page, and without clicking play on the Video player itself, click the Seek (30) button, wait a moment, then press it again. All subsequent clicks (And calls) to the seekTo function are offset forward by 30 seconds.

There are other times this happens, mostly when manually seeking forwards and backwards past loaded areas when the webpage ticks to keep the player synced. I imagine the core issue is the same though.

Is there anything that can be done to resolve this, or at least work around it? I'd really like to be able to support Vimeo in this project I'm working on, but this is making it very hard to keep the player synchronized.

Link: player.vimeo.com/playground

Gideon Goodwin

Gideon Goodwin

I don't have a solution for you, but just wanted to let you know that we've also run into this problem and it does indeed make it hard to take a dependency on vimeo for anything other than the most basic playback scenarios. Would love to see this fixed.

Eric Cutler

Eric Cutler

I got in touch with Vimeo staff, and the bug seems to be resolved! Thanks Brad!

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.