Voda La Void

Voda La Void

Looking for someone who likes to push boundaries, enjoys the arts, and is happy with non-profit collaboration and distribution. All of my music is free to download and distribute, as long as no profit is earned from it, so the video, obviously, must be available on the same terms.

In short, I'm looking to get a video made for my song "Counting Pieces". My intention is for the song to be effectively "background music" to the film. The song has an implied theme of a man who kills his lover. The lyrics are essentially a narration by the killer to the listener. But the music is acoustic and dreamy and somewhat pretty in parts so it creates a chilling contrast.

I'm not much of a visual creator, so those looking to liberate their skills and ideas are desperatley welcome. I would be eternally grateful. The art of film is truly beyond me.

Raio Filmes

Raio Filmes

Hello!
Where can I listen to "Counting Pieces"?
Sounds like a nice chalange!

Voda La Void

Voda La Void

Hey thanks for responding Raio. Sorry I didn't include that already, but I wasn't quite finished with it. I have it just about done, just need to raise the vocals a tad, and clip off a couple runs at the end as it drags out a bit long. It will probably clock in at about 4 minutes even. The "almost finished" draft is on my website, paranoiamusic.com under "Update" for the 'machinations' project.

I would put in the URL for it but I notice this comment box says "No HTML please". If you listen, you will notice there's like a first half and second half structure to the song. The second half is the part that needs a little trimming on my part, toward the end.

Anyway, hope you enjoy even if you decide to decline on a collaboration. I will entertain and defend any limits you want to break down.

Simon Myers

Simon Myers

I would be interested in making a video for "Counting Pieces". listened to it a few times and liked it. Would you be open to doing it in 3D. I only have one piece up but more to come in a few days.

I've directed a few shorts and have edited 2 feature films. Over that last two years I've been teaching myself how to use a few different 3d programs.

Voda La Void

Voda La Void

Yes, I would be very open to 3D. Sounds interesting. I will check out your stuff this morning, if it's here on Vimeo. Thanks Simon.

Voda La Void

Voda La Void

Hey Simon, that's some great looking 3D work there. Hell yeah I'd be delighted for a video using that technique. Let me know how you want to proceed. I'll try to finish up the editing this weekend so the song will be finished and set in stone so-to-speak.

Mike Quick

Mike Quick

What do you plan on doing with it once the film is complete? I'm curious and want to explore this prospect.

thanks

Raio Filmes

Raio Filmes

Hey! Sorry for the late answer.
I see you have some work allready going here.
Anyway, I'm planing to meke some experiences in tradicional stop motion..
We could try to mix it whith the 3d...
I dont know..

Voda La Void

Voda La Void

Mike: So far, my immediate intention is putting it on my website and Myspace Music page. But I have no intention of stopping there and would entertain any suggestions on how to get this out and about on the web. I'm thinking Youtube...among others.

Also I don't plan on putting this out there as MY video, but rather as the collaboraton that it is. It should be something all of us involved can take credit for, and distribute in any way we can dream up. It belongs to us, not just me, so we should all feel free to do with it as we wish.

Does that sound ok? Or are you looking for a bit more ambition? I'm motivated, but I just don't have a lot of knowledge about this sort of thing, or how to promote it.

Raio: I'm all for that. I haven't heard back from Simon yet, so he may be busy or just out of pocket, but I don't have anything set to go or all that. Stop motion is cool. So is 3D. Mixing the two could be really cool. Got any details in mind?

Simon Myers

Simon Myers

Sorry I haven't responded in a while. Thinking about making a few still images and uploading them to see if you like the style.

Voda La Void

Voda La Void

Let me know, I'd like to check them out.

Incidentally, I got some editing work done this weekend, and am anxious to get it uploaded for those interested. Any day now...

Voda La Void

Voda La Void

The final version is now uploaded on my site, paranoiamusic.com.

Voda La Void

Voda La Void

Ok, so has everyone lost interest? I'm going to do this on my own I guess. This isn't going to be fun...

This conversation is missing your voice. Please join Vimeo or log in.