Enjoy this FREE yoga video for breast cancer.
Wide Angle Stretch Yoga Pose
Practicing smooth flowing movements combined with proper breathing techniques helps improve posture and creates a deep sense of peace . This is important in recuperating from the side effects of breast cancer treatments. For this month I decided to introduce a deep stretching yoga pose. This pose is demonstrated by Breast Cancer Yoga's beautiful yoga model Angela Strynkowski, RYT 500 and owner of A Jewel In The Lotus yoga studio.
* Deepens breath with each flowing movement
* Stretches hamstrings opens inner thighs and calfs
* Allows the spine to relax and lengthen
* Creates a deep sense of peace
* Stimulates parasympathetic relaxation response
* Relieves anxiety
* Reduces circulating stress hormones
* Has a twisting and cleansing effect on liver and internal organs
* Stretches side body ribs/lattismus dorsi
* Develops shoulder flexibility
1) Begin in seated pose with legs out wide apart in V with flex feet -- toes extend up 90 degrees. Sit on pillow or blanket for comfort.
2) INHALE, lengthen spine.
3) EXHALE, twist right over leg and bring hand toward left foot or on the out and inside of leg.
4) INHALE, lift back up and turn to center.
5) EXHALE, twist left over leg and bring hand to right foot or on the out and inside of leg.
6) INHALE, lift back up and twist back to center.
7) Continue to flow back and forth slowly balancing the flow of movement with your breath.
* Place your hand behind to balance if necessary.
* Continue for at least 3 -5 minutes. Enjoy this wonderful flow.
To experience the benefits of yoga for breast cancer, it is essential that you begin with simple, gentle yoga movements. You should also consult a doctor before you begin practicing yoga. It is also necessary that you follow a yogic diet that consists of a mainly vegetarian diet to enhance the benefits of yoga.
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?