Cell-phone video footage of exploding fireworks is processed and extended through a series of VHS feedback loops. What was once a momentary blast becomes drawn out in time, emphasizing the beauty of pyrotechnic light, while juxtaposing analog and digital video artifacts.
(Title borrowed from a very awesome album of the same name by Joe McPhee)
Previously screened at:
- Open City Cinema's Toronto vs. Stephen Broomer (2014, Winnipeg, MB, CANADA)
- The Images Festival (2014, Toronto, ON, CANADA)
- EFF Portland (2014, Portland, OR, USA)
- Under the Underground (2014, Brooklyn, NY, USA)
- Northwest Film Forum, Yellow Fish Durational Festival (2014, Seattle, WA, USA)
- Seoul International Extreme Short Image & Film Festival (2014, Seoul, SOUTH KOREA)
- Moviate Underground at ArtsFest Film Festival (2015, Harrisburg, PA, USA)
- ACRE TV's Were the Eye Not Sunlike (1 month long artist's television broadcast, 2015, Chicago, IL, USA)
- The Wilson/ Cheltenham Museum's The Open West (gallery installation, 2015, Cheltenham, UK)
- Flux Factory's Strobe Network (week-long artist's television broadcast, 2015, New York, NY, USA)
© Christine Lucy Latimer, 2013
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?