This was an improvised rig over my previous attempt at animating 2d characters in Blender.
- The Arms are a chain of bones with spine IK contraint.
and the Hand bones are the end of the chain.
- Three hooks control the bezier curve that directs the spine: the shoulder, elbow joint and the hand for each arm.
- The legs are animated with Auto IK without any IK constraint applied.
- The feets have each empty that helps switching the direction of the feet.
- The eyeballs and the eyebrows are controlled by an empty (name: eyetrack) which copies the rotation and location of the empty of eyepupils (name: eyes) with influence of copy location at 0.700.
The eyes empty is the child of 'eye.MAIN' empty (hidden in the demo, see the attached screenshots below) that is parented to head bone.
This caused a problem when the spine or chest bones rotated/tilted where the eyebrows and eyeballs wouldn't follow the eyepupils since the influence of copy location is not 1.0.
To combat this the eyetrack empty was given two more Copy locations copying the locations of eyes.MAIN and were Added Drivers where 'ROTATIONAL DIFFERENCES' of Spine and Hip & Chest and spine bones Drives the Influences (see the attached screenshots below).
- The eyebrows are Bezier curves controlled by 4 hooks (hooks modifier) for each eyebrow: outer, inner and middle & main hooks.
~ ~ ~