Finally, after sleepless nights I finished my entry for the Cook Off Contest held by SideFX, the maker of Houdini.
Just a few points:
- This is my first finished project done in Houdini and it was fun and a great way to learn the software;
- Modeling, shading, lighting and rendering is all done in Houdini and the Mantra render;
- No composing and no render on passes. This is the complete opposite of how I use to work but the contest rules don't allow using another software for compositing and I didn't had time to learn Houdini compositing part so I decided to render only the beauty pass. Was an interesting take but I missed the flexibility given by rendering on layers approach.
- I've applied some grading in post using Nuke as it is allowed by the contest rules;
- Edit was done using FCP X;
- Average render time per frames was around 20 minutes, peaking at 32 for the shot with the snowy sugar;
Hope you like it,
Thanks for watching!
My entry thread here: sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=172&page=viewtopic&t=22574&sid=630efd7dc2389f5184b2ca96a7248132
Link for the contest here: sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1973&Itemid=353