German submarine U-455 was a Type VIIC U-boat built for the Nazi German Kriegsmarine for service during World War II. She was laid down on 3 September 1940, launched on 21 June 1941 and commissioned on 21 August 1941 with Kapitänleutnant Hans-Henrich Giessler in command of a crew of 51.
Her service began with the 5th U-boat Flotilla, a training outfit. She was transferred to the 7th flotilla for operations at the beginning of 1942 and again to the 29th flotilla in March 1944.
She carried out ten patrols and was a member of six wolfpacks; she sank three ships for a total of 17,685 GRT.
She was lost, probably in the Ligurian Sea (north of Corsica), on 6 April 1944. Her wreck was discovered in 2005, off Genoa by Explorer Lorenzo Del Veneziano