Signing In and Finding the Private AFS Independent Folklorists' Section "Group" Home Page (Members Only)
1) go to the AFS website afsnet.org.
2) �Sign In� on the lower right hand side of the page with your:
(use your AFS username. If you don't know your username, contact AmericanFolkloreSociety@gmail.com; let them know what username you want to use.)
(use your AFS password.)
�you can check the "remember me" box if you want your computer to remember this info for the next time you sign in.
3) from "MY PROFILE� on the right hand side of the page,
click on "Groups� (3rd from the top);
4) from the list of your section memberships, click on the link for the "Independent Folklorists' Section."
5) Once on the Section's private home page you can:
� Access the �Member Resources� and other links posted on the home page.
� Use the SUBMENU on the upper right hand side of the home page to:
o Find section members in the �Group Directory�
o View the Section�s �Calendar� to see upcoming and past events.
� to submit an event email one of the co-conveners with the details and they will upload it to the calendar.
o �Blog� � NOTE: we do not recommend using this for discussions.
o View and contribute to the Indi-Folk Discussion Forum � accessed through the �Forum� tab
o Upload digital images to the �Photo Gallery� (please enter captions and credits too - especially if you would like the image to be included in a public slideshow about independent folklorists� work).