PyCon Ireland 2011. (Radisson Blu Royal Hotel 2011 - 8th Oct 2011)
Speaker: Tendayi Mawushe
Python is a multi-paradigm language meaning it supports different programming styles, Object Orientation and Functional Programming being the major ones. However choice is not always a good thing, if you are interested in writing modular programs that are easy to maintain and promote code reuse what should you do? This talk discusses modularity in this context looking at Python's support for both paradigms, comparing and contrasting them. We then look at Python techniques and tools that bridge the perceived impedance mismatch between Object Orientation and Functional Programming.
Link to talk:
- Robert Murphy and Susan Bourke for videoing the talks on Saturday.
- Tim Kersten for providing an extra roving camera on the day.
- Post-Production: Robert Murphy
- All the volunteer session chairs
- And you, who made this conference possible by helping and attending! :-)
More details: python.ie/pycon