PyCon Ireland 2011. (Radisson Blu Royal Hotel 2011 - 8th Oct 2011)
Speaker: Raymond Hettinger
All problems have simple, easy-to-understand, logical wrong answers. Subclassing in Python is no exception. Avoid the common pitfalls and learn everything you need to know about how subclass in Python.
- Overriding and extending
- Calling your parents
- The ellipse / circle problem -- what does a subclass mean?
- Liskov Substitution Principle
- Open Closed Principle
- The facts of life when subclassing builtin types
- How to Implement Cooperative Multiple Inheritance
- A example of perfect and simple python diamond
- Beware the Concrete C API
(Level: Intermediate, Advanced)
Link to talk:
- Robert Murphy and Susan Bourke for videoing the talks on Saturday.
- Tim Kersten for providing an extra roving camera on the day.
- Post-Production: Robert Murphy
- All the volunteer session chairs
- And you, who made this conference possible by helping and attending! :-)
More details: python.ie/pycon