• Premiered at Sheffield Doc/Fest in the U.K. in June 2011
• Semi-finalists for the Student Academy Awards 2011
• Official selection documentary film at U.FRAME International Film Festival in Porto Portugal fall 2011
• Official selection Student documentary film at The White Sands, Las Cruces Int. Film Festival 2011
• Honorable mention documentary short film at Queens World Film Festival, Astoria New York 2012
• Official selection documentary short film at Gdansk DocFilm, Gdansk Poland 2012
• Official selection Workers Unite Film Festival, Brooklyn New York 2012
• Official selection DOCUTAH International Film Festival, St. George UT 2012
• Official selection 35th Starz Denver Film Festival, Denver CO 2012
• Official selection Humanity Explore Film Festival, Culture Unplugged 2013
• Official selection Next Frame Student Film Festival and Tour, Temple University 2013-14 (stay tuned for tour screenings)
An immigrant artist ponders the meaning of life and death in two cultures as he prepares a community altar for the Day of the Dead to remember those whom he has lost and his own native Mexico.
"THE ART OF REMEMBRANCE" captures Mexican artist Daniel Valle as he creates giant paper mache skeleton sculptures and constructs a community altar to remember the dead. This intimate snapshot of a New York City Day of the Dead celebration explores Valle's quest to preserve the memory of lost loved ones and keep Mexican culture alive through art. Along the way Valle challenges our own notions of the meaning of life and death and reminds us that remembrance truly is an art.