CHARACTER SIMULATION T.D. July 2012 – Feb 2013 (8 months)
Blue Sky Studios- Greenwich, CT
Public Company; 201-500 employees; Animation industry
• Responsible for simulation of cloth, hair and dynamic props of the animated characters and
• Working on the movie project "Epic" planned to be released May 2013
• Work closely with the animation team to make the characters look both believable and artistically good
• Work on a tight deadlines balancing both the quality and timeline required for the project
3D Artist Aug'11-Jul'12
Lillian Schwartz - New York
• Responsible for 3D adaptation and video production of the artist's chromadepth 3D projected images
• Worked on a 3D Chromadepth project called ‘Before Before’ that was renowned with a special screening show at MoMA, NY in Dec’12
3D GENERALIST INTERN Jun'11-Aug'11
Animorphous - New York
• Worked with a team of four involved in the production of 3D animations for TV shows
• Worked on character modeling, rigging, animation, MEL tool creation and Technical Direction
LAB ADMIN ASSISTANT Dec’10-Dec’11
School of Visual Arts(MFA Computer Art Dept.) - New York
• Managed the daily maintenance of Computer Hardware and Software systems for 100+ pc, mac and linux computers.
• Provided active support for the hardware and software issues for the lab users.
• Installation and maintenance of the Render farm system using the Deadline software.
• Maintaining the efficiency of the render farm round the clock.
• Identify, troubleshoot and follow up failed jobs promptly.
MULTIMEDIA INTERN Jun’09-Oct’09
Sonic Self - New York
An international multimedia exhibition exploring innovative art forms
•Involved in production of business collateral
•Learned about organising art conventions with two case studies
•Sonic Self exhibition at The Chelsea Art Museum, New York, U.S.A. in Jul-Aug’08
•Sonic Self exhibition at The State Hermitage museum, St. Petersburg, Russia in Nov’09
•Assisted Sonic Self in organising their conventions at Mumbai and Chennai, India in Feb’10
ART DIRECTOR Aug’07-Dec’08
Southside Magazine - South India
First English magazine in South India for South Indian movie industry.
•Member of the core design team to bring out the first issue of the magazine
•Managed magazine design as a project leader with a team of 4
•Served as vendor and quality manager to maintain a high quality standards
Fourteen - Creative Studio - Coimbatore, Chennai, Gurgaon, Mumbai
A startup venture with an idea of providing one stop design solutions which later emerged to be a brand consulting firm.
• Co-founder, managing partner and graphic designer
MASTER OF FINE ARTS IN COMPUTER ART 2012
School of Visual Arts, New York, USA
Cum. G.P.A.(4.0) : 3.791
BACHELOR OF ENGINEERING IN COMPUTER SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING 2005
Amrita Institute of Technology and Science, Anna University, India
Cum. G.P.A.(4.0) : 3.49
•Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
•Autodesk Maya (modeling, rigging, UV mapping, texturing,
animation, dynamics, nDynamics, lighting, rendering)
•The Foundry Nuke (compositing, grading, color correction, roto)
•Nvidia Mental ray
•Adobe After Effects (compositing)
•Adobe Premiere Pro (editing)
•The Foundry Nuke (keying, camera projection)
•Autodesk Maya (Expressions and MEL)
•Autodesk 3D Studio Max (modeling, texturing, animation,
•SideFx Houdini (modeling, animation, dynamics)
•NextLimit RealFlow (dynamics and workflow with maya)
•Autodesk Mudbox (modeling/sculpting)
•The Pixel Farm PF Track (3D Camera tracking)
•Autodesk Motionbuilder (MoCap)
•Vicon Blade (MoCap)
•Vicon IQ (MoCap)
•E-on software Vue
•Chaos Group V-Ray
•Adobe Flash (drawing, animation)
•Passion for learning and acquiring new skills.
•Quick learning ability and adaptation to any new software.
•Fundamental animation principles.
•Good knowledge of Physics, Mathematics and film language.
•Good knowledge of Stereoscopic 3D content creation.
•Ability to work on both MoCap and hand keyed animations.
•Match action cuts and scene continuity.
•Following instructions and attention to detail.
•Good at trouble shooting without panicking.
•Ability to manage a team and perform even under pressure.
•Good knowledge of OOPS programming concepts such as C, C++.
•Flexible to work across different OS platforms such as Windows, Linux, Mac OS and Unix.
Awards and Festivals
• Award of Merit for Children/Family programming for my short film "Evy In The New Word" at The Accolade Competition 2012
Official selection of my thesis short animation film 'Evy In The New Word' at
•CineKid's Screening Club, Netherlands(2012)
•Columbia Gorge International Film Festival(2012)
•Lahore International Children Film Festival(2012)
•llinois International Film Festival, 2012
•Burbank International Film Festival(2012)
•Southern Appalachian International Film Festival, 2012
•Action On Film International Film Festival, 2012
•Crested Butte Film Festival, 2012
•SOCAL Independent Film Festival, 2012
•Ruby Mountain Film Festival
•NYC ACM MetroCAF 2012
- Killi Demo Reel Site - My vimeo site