Lake Washington Girls Middle School prepares girls to be confident young women, strong in mind, body and voice. Our school values diversity and promotes personal and social responsibility. Students, teachers and families are active partners in creating a challenging academic environment, fostering independent thinking and instilling a life long love of learning.
At LWGMS, we believe:
* All students can learn.
* All students benefit from high expectations.
* Material should be relevant to students’ lives.
* Students should have a say in what and how they learn.
* Students should understand their own learning styles.
* Families and the community are valuable assets to the curriculum.
* We all can learn from each other.
* Social and emotional learning should be part of a middle school education.
* Effective collaboration and communication are necessary skills.