1909-I Valhalla Inn Road, Toronto ON, M9B1S9
Email: email@example.com Cell: 6476214720
Website: Mohammadanwerzada.com Portfolio: Vimeo URL: vimeo.com/user2023859 /
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
Bachelor Degree in Film and Media Studies
Hunter College, New York City 2004
Professional Production Training in Hostile Environments certified by
BBC World Service, Toronto
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
• Director and producer 40 hours of documentaries (award winning short doc films with official selections at international film festivals).
• Director & producer of several multiple camera productions of music, political debate and other genres.
• Directed and Assisted as 1st AD on 8 high budget television commercials (shot on ARRI ALEXA and 35mm). Story boarding, location, casting, directing and production planning.
• Experienced in executing an idea as per clients needs. Working closely in pre, production and postproduction phases.
• Technically and aesthetically, very savvy with lighting (outdoors, indoors) on digital and negative formats. A very skilled photographer and cameraman on digital formats.
• Content editor of Final cut pro. Edited all my television shows, documentaries and web videos.
Director/ Founder- Productionflux Inc., Canada Present
• Directing and producing corporate films, television commercials and documentaries (pre-production, production and post phases).
• Dealing with clients as project head, and company leader, face-to-face and listening to the requirements and building a trusting relationship. Clientele British council, Pepsi, John Walters Thompson (JWT) advertising agency, Engro corporations, National Instruments and US aid.
Senior Producer/Director- BBC World Service (Dec 2012-June2013)
• Head three production phases for a historical location based debate show with 9 cameras OB set up.
• Setting up of team of 24 crewmembers, directing animation team and postproduction team.
• Managed and organized entire technical and aesthetic production requirement following safety procedures and copyrights.
Executive Producer (Programming and Documentaries)- Dawn News TV, Pakistan (2006-20012)
• Lead the channel documentaries department and special projects before becoming executive producer (2009-2010)
• Award winning director and producer of a documentary series Equinox for Dawn TV. Produced, researched and directed three seasons of documentary series. Featuring sex workers, victims of taliban( Malala Yousuf Zai) , health issues, and education.
• Directed and produced promotions, Morning show, live sports shows, musical shows.
Senior Producer- AAJ TV and Play TV, Pakistan (2004-2006)
• Launched and researched several television shows for two channels since their inception as producer and later as a senior producer. Show included live musical shows in studio and outdoors with 8-9 cameras, talk shows, documentaries and promotional shows.
Lighting Assistant & Production Assistant- Hungry Man Productions, NYC, USA (2003)
• Worked as assistant on a Hollywood film NY Minute (starring Olsen Twins).
• Worked as a lighting assistant in the production team for the ESPN commercial, Spike lee productions, Queer Eye for straight guy music video.
Lighting and Grip Team- Cecco Studios, Sep NYC (2000-2001)
Music videos-JAY Z Music video (Song 99 Problems) NYC, Kelis (Milkshake) New Jersey
• Lighting, grip and electric person used in film productions and commercial studio shoots at Cecco studio floors.
• Responsibilities also included the management of studio equipment as well as providing assistance to the various production teams on issues related to lighting and grip technique.