Charlene is a Certified Independent Sign Language Instructor of My Smart Hands in London Ontario Canada who has completed level 303 of the "Signing Naturally" curriculum through classes at The Canadian Hearing Society. Charlene works in an industry that services the culturally Deaf, oral deaf, deafened and hard of hearing community. Her experience working with children with diverse levels of hearing loss comes from her volunteer work at Robarts School for the Deaf. Seeing many deaf children who have hearing parents, she noticed the need, and desire, for hearing parents to bridge the communication gap between themselves and their child.
Being able to understand what they want at an early age, to give them another language and to strengthen your bond with them are only a few of the benefits that come with teaching your child sign language.
The use of ASL is not only beneficial for babies but for anyone who does not have a voice. Charlene is passionate about offering a means of communication to those with, APHASIA, AUTISM CEREBRAL PALSY, and/or DOWN SYNDROME. Through the amazing benefits of ASL you can help give anyone a voice.
What began as an interest in American Sign Language quickly turned into a passion for Charlene. That passion led her to My Smart Hands where she will be able to further share her expertise with others.
- My Smart Hands London - Sign Language for preverbal babies, toddlers, school aged children as well as instruction for those with communication barriers.
- My Smart Hands London You tube - Videos of signing clients as well as our FREE on line ASL dictionary!
- My Smart Hands London - Facebook page
- My Smart Hands London - Twitter
- My Smart Hands - Our main website where you can locate instructors around the world plus much more including information on our apps for sale!