A pseudo-romantic comedy about being in love with who you think you are, "Heterosexual Jill" is a satire about sexuality where nothing is as it seems.
“downright funny...a good date movie” - San Francisco Chronicle
“this entertaining film asks some serious questions about gender, sexuality and identity but never seems preachy or overly didactic.” - The Huffington Post.
Unable to make progress with her ex-lesbian conversion path, a neurotic "All American" Jill tracks down her butch ex-girlfriend Jamie to prove to herself that she is no longer attracted to her. Strung along by guilt and desire, Jamie agrees to the preposterous plan of "dating" Jill so that Jill can close this chapter of her life and move forward with men.
Meanwhile, David and Lola compete for the affections of José , a sexually ambiguous and seductive man from Brazil. As complications arise with Jill and Jamie's relationship, Jill starts to see José as her ticket out. However, when the love triangles shift and realign, Jamie has her own identity crisis that she is ill-equipped to handle. A mix of over-the-top comedy, sharp wit, and pathos, "Heterosexual Jill" rides the edge of laughter and pain, desire and repression, and explores the complicated attachment to one's sense of self in the face of love.
- Focus on Filmmakers Award, Cleveland International Film Festival, sponsored by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences
- Best Narrative Feature, Pride Film Festival in Brazos Valley, TX
- Best Actress - Jen McPherson, Laugh or Die Comedy Festival, Chicago
- Special Mention of the Jury, Barcelona LGTIB Film Festival
- Festival Favorite, B'More QFest, Baltimore
*Features returning characters from "Butch Jamie," now available in most countries internationally - vimeo.com/ondemand/butchjamie