A different look at VFX concentrating on concepts and techniques.
This course is designed with individuals and small teams in mind, every video shows you how to make use of inbuilt tools to get the best results in the least amount of time.
The entire course is a distillation from over 20 hours of video recording down to 3 hours. This means every minute of the video is filled with useful information as much as possible.
This entire set of tutorials was supposed to be released over a month ago, but I just kept on adding in details and the thing just grew huge. I just hope you guys find all that information useful.
The techniques covered in here include
• PFTrack basics
• Tracking cameras
• Object matchmove
• Maya scene setup and references
• Creating displaced polygon meshes
• Procedural texture based displacement
• Advanced procedural texturing
• Fluid based clouds with animation
• UV sets
• Using deformers
• Animating procedural textures
• Using Node-editor
• Understanding basic data manipulation nodes
• Combining animation from textures and deformers
• Baking out procedural textures as images
• Using texture filters to remove artefacts
• Lighting to simulate real world attributes
• Simulating camera DOF (depth of field)
• Motion blur and other mental ray settings
• Command line rendering
• Finalization and compositing in Nuke
Each video also has tips and techniques about various things which will just make the list unnecessarily long.
I have to make a proper trailer for you guys yet in which you can see the different elements in the videos.
The source maya files and Nuke script are being uploaded right now. In the mean time I will be describing each video and what is being done in them, and will continue to update the entire set as time goes on.