StageLearn is a socially responsible rich media ecosystem, using animation videos, to introduce case studies to, grade 7-12, students in order to help them master Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) courses.
StageLearn is a YouTube white list education partner and its case study model has been recently validated by the OECD (PISA) research that was released on December 3rd 2013.
StageLearn differs from traditional case studies and Problem Based Learning (PBL) websites in that its cases:
1. Are 3D animation videos
2. Are real life stories and not Problem Based Learning (PBL) experiments and exercises
3. Incorporate the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) and the Common Core
4. Deal with hot topics in science and engineering that have the potential to change the societal norms or dramatically impact people's health
5. Have a social component stimulate girls' interest in seeking a STEM degree attainment
6. Promote the female entrepreneur
7. Focus on global issues which increases the students' understanding of other cultures
8. Deal with countries that are of particular interest in the demographic groups that do the poorest in the average classroom
For every paid case that is sold StageLearn will offer a free case to a cash strapped school with poor performance in STEM. StageLearn will also offer a $30K scholarship to a student from a family in need.