Andres F. Pruna
2005-2006 Emmy Award WInner (San Francisco Regional), Best Producer, Cultural Show
2013 Edward R. Murrow Award Regional Winner, Producer/Editor, Best News Series.
2013 RTNA Golden Mike, Best Editor, Special Segment
2013 People's Telly Bronze Award: La Otra California
2013 Bronze Telly-Shark Attack-Promotional Piece
2013 LA Press Club Nomination for best Entertainment News or Feature- Las Limpias and Los Verdaderos Vaqueros.
2014 RTNA Golden Mike, Best Editor, Special Segment
2014 RTNA Golden Mike Best Light News Reporting (Producer/Editor)
2014 Bronze Telly-LAPD Story
2014 Bronze Telly-Raices de Bronce
2014 APTRA award for Best Editing-KMEX, Los Angeles:Andres Pruna for “FuriadelPlaneta (A Planet's Fury)”
2013 1st. Place in LA Press Club award for Best Entertainment News Series.
2013 2nd Place in LA Press Club award for Best Feature News Series.
2013 3rd Place in LA Press Club Award for Best Series News Series.
2015 Golden Mike for Best Political Series.
2015 Golden Mike for Best Entertainment Series.
2015 APTRA award for Best Light News Series.
- Produced specials for Univision34 (KMEX) in Los Angeles for sweeps.
- Produced nationally syndicated TV shows “LatinEyes” and “Tu Musica.”
- Filmed and produced documentaries and TV shows on location in Latin America, with countries including Peru, Argentina, Mexico, Guatemala and the Amazon rainforest.
- Executive Producer of LatinEyes, half-hour TV show exploring Latino culture in the U.S. and abroad.
- Multiple regional Emmy Award nominations from 2001 to 2007. Nominated 2002 through 2008 for L.A.'s Imagen Award; 2004 Kudos Award, “Best Cultural Affairs for Women in Radio and TV."
- 2006 Emmy Award winner, Producer, “Best Public / Current Affairs,” Northern California.
- Los Angeles and San Francisco, 1999-Present
Freelance editor, morning and evening news, for various stations: KCBS, KRON, KPIX and KGO-TV in San Francisco, in Los Angeles KABC and Univision.
- 12 + years experience as freelance news editor
- Considered fast and proficient, good on deadline.
- Expertise with Final Cut Pro, non-linear Aurora NewsEdit system, Avid and Velocity by Harris.
- Edit breaking news, packages, specials, promos and sizzle reels.
- Occasional Media Manager for past 3 years at ABC News in L.A. (supervising video quality prior to airing on news broadcast).
- Experienced camera operator, versatile and used to working in extreme environments (the Amazon jungle, Hollywood red carpets, and all other kinds of mayhem).
- Bilingual English - Spanish, spoken and written.
- Certified SCUBA diver, with underwater filming experience.
- Covered other positions as needed including camera operator and producer.
- Current passport, available for national and international travel
B.A. in Cinematography (Santa Barbara, CA)
Gladly provided upon request.