Tristan Taormino is an award-winning author, sex educator, college speaker, filmmaker, and radio show host. She is the author of seven books, including The Big Book of Sex Toys, The Anal Sex Position Guide, Opening Up: A Guide to Creating and Sustaining Open Relationships, The Ultimate Guide to Anal Sex for Women and her latest, The Secrets of Great G-Spot Orgasms and Female Ejaculation. She is editor of 25 anthologies including The Ultimate Guide to Kink: BDSM, Role Play and the Erotic Edge. She was a syndicated columnist for The Village Voice for nine and a half years and writes an advice column for Taboo Magazine. As the head of Smart Ass Productions, she has directed and produced twenty-four sex education and erotic films; she is currently an exclusive director for Vivid Entertainment. Her films have won more than a dozen awards, and she was the first female director to win the AVN Award for Best Gonzo Movie. Tristan and her work have been featured in over 400 publications including O: The Oprah Magazine, The New York Times, Redbook, Cosmopolitan, Glamour, Entertainment Weekly, Details, New York Magazine, Men’s Health, and Playboy. She has appeared on HBO’s Real Sex, The Howard Stern Show, Loveline, MTV, CNN, NBC, MTV, Oxygen, Fox News, The Discovery Channel, and on over a hundred radio shows; she was the resident sex expert and a recurring guest on two seasons of Ricki Lake. She lectures at top colleges and universities including Yale, Cornell, Princeton, Brown, Columbia, Smith, Vassar, and NYU, where she speaks on gay and lesbian issues, sexuality and gender, and feminism. She teaches sex and relationship workshops around the world.
- Tristan Taormino Official Site
- Pucker Up (NSFW) - Tristan's sex-positive online salon featuring sex ed, advice, resources, ethically-made erotic films, and more!
- Opening Up: Open Relationships - A resource for non-monogamy, polyamory, polyfidelity, open relationships, open marriage, and other alternative relationship styles
- Tristan on Twitter
- Sex Out Loud Radio Show - Tristan's weekly radio show on the VoiceAmerica Network
- Tristan on Facebook
- Tristan on Tumblr - Tristan's personal blog and photos