Joshua Millais: Born 02/04/1961 in Gloucestershire (52years old)
Work History January 1988 to Present: Business Owner Joshua Millais Photography
I have met many people as a freelance photographer over the past 24 years. I have worked for Corporations, Magazines and for the Public and Private sectors. I can present myself well in whatever I’m doing and focus on the aims and objectives of the task at hand. I am keen, flexible and a willing team player. I’m outgoing, friendly and a responsible capable father and husband.
Previous Work History:
* Professional freelance photographer owner of Joshua Millais Photography 1991 -2013
* Assistant photographer to Gareth McCarthy, Lawrence Lawry, George Kavanagh and Dudley Reed 1988 - 1991
• Sales Director for World Courier in Los Angeles California for their the motorcycle messenger service 1987 - 1988.
• Technical Sales Consultant for Warshaw Security London Limited 1985 – 1987.
• Managing Director for Traceload Security Services Limited London 1982 – 1985.
• Shop in Shop director for Forty Winks Sofa Beds at Debenhams Oxford Street and Ely’s of Wimbledon. Manufacturing and Retailing.
Education: 1968 -1988.
* London College of Printing studied Photography under George Levinski senior lecturer 1986 - 1988
• The Budokwai school of Marshall Arts London attained first Dan black belt in Shotokan Karate 1979 - 1985
• Branson's College Playford, Ipswich, Suffolk 3 GCE "A" levels (Oxbridge) 1977 – 1978.
• Branson’s College Quebec 1st year at McGill University in Montreal 1976 – 1977.
• King Alfred’s Public School in London for 6 GCE "O" levels (Oxbridge) 1970 – 1976.
• Hollingbury Court Preparatory School Hayward’s Heath West Sussex 1968 – 1970.
• I grew up in Southern Spain and went to primary school in Algeciras.
• Working creatively to produce images and designing lifestyle.
• Preparing, cooking and eating food.
• Music production, playing guitar, writing, singing and performing.
• Life drawing and painting, sculpture and ceramics. Art and books.
• Travelling, adventuring and documenting the experience.
• Skiing, sailing, walking. Hunting and fishing.
• Fluent in French and Spanish.
- Joshua Millais - Photography