Filmmaker, Cinematographer, photographer, Festival Programmer, Traveler, Documentarian
Wide ranging knowledge of production and its media representation, experience in video production, photography, festival management, event management, from inception to completion of projects. Effective at organizing & coordinating shoots, conducting film workshop and experience in using production equipment.
I am graduated in the department of Film and Television production. I would be amongst the first batch of students to graduate with a degree in film making from NCA. After initially having done my diploma in Fine Arts from Hunerkada, I decided that I wanted to pursue a career in film making.
In 2013 I completed my Film Festival and event management course from DW Akademie, Berlin Germany. Currently I am associated with two organizations which are specialized in the children's programming and film production.
NCA provided an excellent opportunity for me to pursue my interests in the art and craft of film.
My four years were well spent in under the guidance of a world class faculty which included teachers from Germany, Iran and Japan.
I won several local and international prizes from my Documentaries, fiction films (shorts), experimental work and animations. Some of our achievements include winning best documentary award at the Vaasa Wild life film festival (Finland), Best Documentary award at a competition held by University of Central England, Official selection in 5th Kara film festival, first prize at Lums film festival, GIK film festival. I was the DOP of a documentary "Freedom for Money" which won IBDAA AWARDS in Dubai 2007.
I was selected for the 2008 Dubai IBDAA awards for my fiction film "Gilgit Express" which was also shortlisted in the 2008 Korea AISFF film competition. My thesis film "THAG" won 5 awards in ZAB Film festival 2010 and documentary "Missing Vultures" was selected in VASSA Wild Life film festival 2010, in Finland.
Interest in the Media: My enjoyment and critical interest in the media (television, film, music and new media) increased markedly throughout my degree, and has continued to grow since then.
Computer skills: During University I expanded my knowledge and confidence in post production. I actively enjoy editing of documentaries and sound design for the films. I can use leading softwares for non-linear editing including Final Cut Pro and Adobe Premiere.
Production skills: My degree has proven my ability to shoot the films myself. I have a good knowledge of camera work and the philosophy of light. My short films have increased my confidence in these skills.
• Achieved the 7th Lux Style Scholarship Award for ‘Emerging Filmmakers’ (2008) from all over the Pakistan.
Documentary "FREEDOM FOR MONEY" received:
• Best short documentary film award in Vaasa International Film Festival, Finland, 2006.
• Best documentary in visual arts category in competition held by Birmingham Institute of Art and Design, England in 2006.
• Winner of the IBDAA Awards, Dubai 2007 and awarded an internship by CNBC Dubai.
• Winner of the best documentary award in ZAB Film Festival, Karachi.
• “GILGIT EXPRESS” Official Nominee in AISFF Awards 2009, Korea
• “GILGIT EXPRESS” Official Nominee in IBDAA Awards Dubai 2008.
• “GILGIT EXPREE” Won the Best Director, Cinematographer,
Sound design awards in ZAB film festival 2009, Karachi.
• Won the BEST FILM award in FiLums 2008. Lums Lahore.
• “THAAG” won Best Film, Best Direction, Best Sound Design and Best Art Direction awards in ZAB FILM FESTIVAL 2010, Karachi.
• “STATISTICS” Official Nominee at London International Documentary festival 2010.
• “Missing Vultures” Winner at Alpavirama Short and Documentary film festival, India and at ZAB Film Festival 2010, Karachi.
SKILLS & INTERESTS
• Camera Expertise, Post Expertise (Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premier).
• Documentaries, Wildlife photography, Traveling, Current Affairs.