Jean-Michel Rolland is a French artist born in 1972.
A musician and a painter for a long time, he melts his two passions - sound and image - in digital art since 2010. At the origin of each of his creations, musicality plays a role as important as image does and each one influences the other in a co-presence relationship. The result is a series of experimental videos, audiovisual performances, generative art, interactive installations and VJ sets where sound and image are so inseparable that the one without the other would lose its meaning.
- 3rd place award at Sustainability Shorts Film Competition, April 2015, Weatherspoon Art Museum, University of North Carolina of Greensboro (USA) with LA COURSE (The Race)
- 3rd place award in Video Art section at Multimatograf Festival (Russia), April 2014 with LA COURSE (The Race)
- Award of the Foundation for Polish-German Cooperation, October 2013, 22.dokumentART (Germany and Poland), with LA COURSE (The Race)
- 2nd place award at Sustainability Shorts Film Competition, April 2013, Weatherspoon Art Museum, University of North Carolina of Greensboro (USA) with RUNNING WATER
- The Five Best Videos of The International Video Art Review THE 01, Poland, January 2013, with NEONS MELODY
- Most innovative work prize at Digital Graffiti, Alys Beach, Florida (USA), June 2012, with NEONS MELODY
- Mention from the jury at Artaq, Angers (France), April 2012, with NEONS MELODY
More information on franetjim.free.fr