Data and charts and forecasting, oh my!
Great business decisions start with great OTT insights — but too often, it can be hard to find the information you need behind the raw numbers.
Vimeo OTT now makes this easier for creators and channel owners by surfacing everything you need to make informed business decisions in one, unified OTT data analytics dashboard. At a glance, you can see subscriber growth, video views, usage trends, and more — all the tools you need to fine-tune your content, marketing, and business strategies.
Grow your business with metrics that matter
The first step to growing your channel is understanding what drives growth. The Vimeo OTT data analytics dashboard gives you a comprehensive view of your video subscription business:
- Customer count to see how your subscription base is growing over time
- Gross customer lifetime value (LTV), automatically calculated for you based on your gross revenue per user and historical churn rate
- Paid churn, the percentage of subscribers that have canceled in the past 30 days
- Average new trial signups — and the free trial conversion rate to paid subscribers
These insights aren’t just vanity metrics. Knowing your LTV tells you how much you can afford to spend on advertising, for instance. Or, if your churn rate is high, you may want to examine your subscribers’ content viewing habits and invest in retention strategies. If your new trial signups are low, but the conversion is high, maybe it’s time for a free trial campaign.
Long story short — having easy access to your OTT data analytics helps you make more money, honey.
See how your subscribers discover and consume videos
Every audience is different, and viewing habits will vary accordingly. Learn more about how your users are engaging with your content to learn what to make more of, how to organize your channel, and what to promote. Find the answers to questions like these:
What are subscribers watching?
See an overview of your top videos by title, categories are type, and see how many people are watching, for how long. The new Attention Index gives you an idea of how engaging a video is by showing the ratio of people who watched 75% or more of a video to those who watched 25% or less.
When are subscribers watching?
See how often subscribers are watching your content, and how usage is changing over time. Hours streamed per viewer is often a good indicator of whether you are releasing content frequently enough.
Where are subscribers watching?
See how long subscribers are spending watching content across popular streaming platforms like Roku, iOS, Apple TV, Android, etc. Knowing where your audience prefers to watch helps you decide when it’s time to invest in branded apps, or promote your presence on a certain network.
Customize your OTT data analytics and reporting
It’s your data. Slice and dice it in the ways that are most useful for you and your business.
- Set custom date ranges to show day-by-day changes in business growth and viewer engagement as well as trends over time.
- Add milestones to track how specific events impact customer acquisition and churn. Milestones can be anything from releasing new content, a social campaign, changes to your free trial length, etc.
- Export data or charts as CSVs or PNGs to use in your own OTT data analytics, reporting, or presentations.
With Vimeo OTT, you get state-of-the-art OTT data analytics straight out of the box, no setup or integrations required. How will the right insights help you grow?