How to use the Vimeo for WooCommerce plugin
- Download the WooCommerce for Vimeo plugin.
Create videos directly for your product gallery using your own product images, or you can add a new video module to make a video for your business. Select “Vimeo Upload and Create.” Choose from your existing videos, upload a video, or select “Create a New Video” with Vimeo Create.
- Choose from hundreds of customizable templates in Vimeo Create.
Select a template and upload your own product imagery. Add music from Vimeo’s extensive track library, pop text, stickers, filters onto your video, and voila — the perfect video to show off your products!
- Embed your new video on your website.
Make sure to update your video’s privacy to “Public” so you can share your video with the world. Plus, with the plugin, you can embed any Vimeo video on your WordPress site. There you have it — easy-to-embed, ready-in-minutes videos for your ecommerce storefront’s landing pages and product pages.
It was really easy to use Vimeo Create to make our videos, and much more cost-effective than hiring a graphic designer and an editor!Michelle Lerner
Chief Strategy Officer, Power Wearhouse
Vimeo is great for us: everything lives in one place, and there’s no sharing of large files that take a long time to download. Once the video is done, it’s really easy for us to share on social and embed into websites.Kyle Rajaneimi
Marketing Manager at Yeti Cycles
Vimeo is a place where we look to not only create amazing content (quickly!) but where we hope to host more of our customer-facing videos in the future.Samantha M.
Founder of Self Care Shower
Beautify your WooCommerce storefront with high-impact product videos.
The Vimeo for WooCommerce and WordPress plugin enables you to build more compelling web experiences by creating, uploading and embedding Vimeo videos from within your WordPress site and WooCommerce product pages. One plugin, endless video possibilities.
Creating a video from scratch requires time and skill, but Vimeo’s smart, AI-powered video editor can do all the heavy lifting for you. Simply select images from your WooCommerce storefront for Vimeo to automatically create a product video for you.
Keep product visuals simple and high-quality.
If you’re going to be using product photography in video, it’s important to have high-quality shots. Video footage of your products should be consistent to build trust and make the product look as good as possible.
Opt for a flat lay or white background, and keep lighting consistent throughout. Even though golden hour is awfully pretty, we recommend studio lighting. Natural lighting can change and shift super quickly, which isn’t ideal for a product shoot. Don’t splice together images from wildly different shoot locations. This might confuse your potential customer.
Feature your products in action, from multiple angles.
It’s best practice to show off your items from various angles. This will give the viewer a sense of scale and the ability to picture your products, goods, or services in their life. Make a quick explainer video demonstrating your product’s USPs (unique selling points) and how to use it.
You could tease a new drop, showing only parts of your new product until launch day to take anticipation up a notch. The sky’s the limit when it comes to creative direction for your next product video.
Facebook users often scroll quickly through their news feeds, so capture your audience’s attention quickly – within the first few seconds of your videos – to compel them to stop scrolling and keep watching. Adding a custom thumbnail and using an attention-grabbing first frame are key to captivating your audience’s interest immediately.
Repurpose your videos to distribute on different platforms.
Content has been king for a while now, but for small ecommerce businesses, content creation can be expensive and time-consuming with little return on investment. Skip costly outsourcing and go for a DIY-feel instead. It’s what makes native-looking videos on platforms like TikTok and Instagram so successful.
For consumers today, authenticity trumps glossy, big-budget advertising. Opt for lower budget, higher impact videos that you can repurpose into cutdowns for social ads. Take advantage of UGC and consumer reviews in your video content, which you can also post on your organic social feeds.
Frequently asked questions.
- What is WooCommerce?
- WooCommerce is an open-source commerce platform built on WordPress. It powers over 3 million online stores, and allows anyone, anywhere, to sell anything with truly unlimited flexibility and control.
- WooCommerce vs. Shopify? How do I choose?
- Both are popular solutions for running your ecommerce business. One of the main benefits of WooCommerce is that it’s open-source, meaning that installation is free. You own and control your data, and you can build outside the box and customize without limits. Shopify is a closed platform with a set number of paid plans, and there are limitations around features. WooCommerce can only be installed on WordPress websites and can be hosted anywhere, while Shopify hosts your website on their own platform.
- How do I set up my WooCommerce store?
- Follow these three steps: (1) Set up a new WordPress account or log into your existing account.(2) In your WordPress admin, click on Plugins > Add New to download the WooCommerce plugin. (3) Click “Activate” to get started. Then, sort out your payment and shipping info, and start adding your products.
Get started with Vimeo and WooCommerce.