As lovers of Couch Mode and Watch Later already know, there are tons of ways to watch Vimeo videos on your TV. And now we’ve added another! More specifically, the one you’ve been waiting for. Even more specifically, Chromecast.
Thanks to our most recent iOS update, you can now cast videos from your iPhone or iPad directly to your TV screen — all you need is a Chromecast receiver and the free Vimeo app, which acts as the remote.
Ready to cast? Here's how:
- Grab a fishing reel. (Juuuust kidding.)
- Download the most recent version of the Vimeo iOS app from the App Store.
- Open the app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Choose a video to cast, enter fullscreen, and tap the Chromecast icon.
- Gaze at gloriously big Vimeo videos on your gloriously big screen.
- Bonus: while a video is playing, you can continue to browse for more via your iOS device.
Vimeo + Chromecast is only available on iOS for now, but we’re working to bring it to additional devices in futuretimes. Thanks for patiently waiting with us. Until then, feel free to continue streaming videos via Apple TV, Roku, Xbox, Amazon Fire TV, and more of your favorite streaming TV thingamabobs.